Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

36 results found

1. allow me to combine the drawings so i don't have to go through each page separately to view and print

rather than click on the index and go through what pages i need, it would be easier and quicker to combine the drawings so i can print multiple pages off in one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Changes to the document previewer form part of a larger review of how subbies and suppliers interact with EstimateOne.

Thank you for your feedback, we’ll take it onboard.

2. Improve Specification Search results

When doing a search for my company name I was surprised that a project I had documents for was not appearing even though I knew the "Architectural Spec" showed the word that I was searching for.

After talking to EstimateOne support I was informed that there were two reasons why the project wasn't showing.

1) The project I had accessed documents for was being tendered by two Builders. The documents I had received were from a Builder who had since withdrawn from the tender. Because the Builder had withdrawn their documents were not being searched as part of the specification…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mirella,
    Thanks for your detailed feedback, we thoroughly appreciate it. We are planning a larger review of specification search in the near future, and this will form part of it. Stay tuned for further information. Thank you again for your thoughts.

3. Show me if I have already accessed a package when I select to download a package from a Builder

When I select a package I have downloaded previously it gives me the option to download or request.

Previously EstimateOne used to tell you whether you had already looked at the package. This is helpful as it would allow me to quickly tell when viewing a New Tender if I have already downloaded it from the Builder and in turn will save me from downloading it again

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking time out to post this feedback. We appreciate this would help save you time, we’ll take this into consideration as part of the ongoing improvements to the platform.

4. Highlight Losing Builders' details in Red on main Tenders page

When a tender is marked as Awarded, the builders' details are highlighted in Green.
    For tenders that are still Open or Recently Closed (not yet Awarded), but have been Lost by some tendering builders, it would be helpful if the details of the Losing Builders were highlighted in Red on the main page.

This would help identify very quickly which builders are out & which are still quoting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, we can see how being able to quickly identify the status of various builders would be helpful, we’ll look into a way to make this information more accessible.

5. It would be great if we could get a short blurb on what the project is.

For instance 5 storey apartment or 6 townhouses or Bridge construction or whatever. This will enable us to filter out the projects we are not interested in very quickly.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the value this would have to you. We give builders the option to provide a short blurb, though they may not be inputting this at tender stage themselves. We will review your feedback and see if we can find a way to do this. Thank you!

6. Make it more obvious when documentation is added

Hi, I download lots of documents from EstimateOne but there is no real notifier for when a contractor adds them. I know there is a little PDF icon, but a lot of the time it's hard to keep track of what I have and haven't already downloaded.

It would be great if the PDF logo could appear differently when the documents have been added within the last 24 hours. Something as subtle as having the PDF icon be coloured orange instead of red for this period would be really useful.

Also, an indicator on the main page referencing whether I've…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We are always looking into we can help our users identify the status of relevant tenders quicker.

7. Designate Projects which are D&C or specified.

I am thinking for Mechanical Services but it may apply to other services.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion. We understand how knowing if a project is D&C or specified will assist in finding relevant tenders.

8. Notes

when using the notes section of Estimate One it would be great if you could just hover over the notes icon to show what you have written instead of having to go into the icon every time you needed to check on anything that you have written

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you everyone for the comments and feedback here, we completely understand the value that integration would provide. It’s something we’d love to do, but will take some time to figure out the best approach, it appears there are a lot of different tools people want to integrate with! Thank you for the suggestions, they are certainly taken on board by the team here.

10. 24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an email alert sent out when specific builders you choose have new Tenders available

Have an email alert sent out when specific builders you choose have new Tenders available

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nick,
    This is a great idea, we can certainly see value in being able to follow your favourite builders. Thank yo for the suggestion, we’ll look into how we could do this.

12. having the contact phone number of the contact on the original email

Currently when i receive an email request for a tender. there is no contact phone number of the requesting party.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, we are currently reviewing how best to surface contact details during the tender phase.

13. Make it easier to Keep track of tenders to submit

At present I have no way other than the watch tick which is very vague to keep track of tenders to quote. The system needs to allow me to look at a tender decide if I am going to quote or not. Once I decide to quote it will only keep those ones in my folder, like bidcontender. Your system may be great for the Ones listing tenders but it is not very good for those who wish to tender. To be honest using it is driving me crazy!!!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include the address & description of the project in the 'Invitation to Tender' email

Currently, Subbies only see the job name and closing date in the invitation email.

The Project Description is available on the Document Download page, but it should also be included in the invitation email.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We certainly agree that providing Subcontractors with more information about a project will better inform their decision to submit a price for the tender. When seeking to implement suggestions like this we will always try to to keep the experience as simple as possible and want to ensure we aren’t overloading the Subcontractors with information. We’ll put this in the mix with all the other ideas, thank you!

15. Tender status Clean-up, replicate Addr Book view for Comm Builders

The Address Book - Commercial Builder view (eg Multiplex Mel) displays Tenders 'Active', 'Recently Closed' and 'Awarded (Last 18 months)'...
    This seems intuitive, but the general 'Tenders - Specifications' search results offers 'Open', 'Awarded' and 'Closed', with tenders moving from 'Open' to 'Closed' automatically, and maybe to 'Awarded' if updated by someone.

My suggestion, 'Open', 'Recently Closed', 'Awarded (last 18 months)' and 'Archived'.

Also, no tender should sit in 'Recently Closed for longer than 6 months without being reviewed and closed appropriately through EsitmateOne intervention/research.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, we will soon be reviewing the categorisations of tenders to provide a consistent experience across the website.

16. Can you Tailor your information along the BCI report. I use BCI to find new projects and Estimate One to follow the specification/builder

I use BCI to follow new projects in the "design phase or concept". I then contact architects and present Blum products. The problem I have with BCI is I cant see any plans and check whether the architect actually did as he said and specified Blum products. Therefore I use Estimate One to follow the next step to the builder and look at the plans. However Estimate One is not married to BCI i.e. they seem to be different projects that are tendering with a strong emphasis on education. My target is mainly Multi-Res, Residential and aged care. if you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is quite a lot of information in this suggestion, thank you for your detailed thoughts. We’re currently looking into how we can better service suppliers and their needs, we’d be happy to take this request into consideration. Thanks for providing the feedback!

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base