Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

98 results found

1. include the builders email address in the address book

You used to include the builders email address in the address book. Please reinstate them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Tony Dymock responded

This has been reinstated for you. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions!

2. Show icon or shade a different color if awaiting documents in current tender list

On the current tenders page it would be great if you could see which tenders were still waiting on documents so that you didn't have to click into it to double check.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Shelby Moon responded

Projects that have builders who have no documents are now flagged in the project list. 

Look out for the blue marker under the project name that says 'No docs' 

3. Add ID Number to tenders which you have been invited to so you are able to send quotes to multiple builders.

The ID Number appears on the Current Tenders page although when you have been invited you are unable to view an ID Number. Could you please add an ID Number to tenders which you are invited to?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The project ID is now visible on the Invites & Requests page, to help you find and manage projects you’re working on.

4. Show all projects on my Watchlist on the same page

As a Subcontractor there are a number of sites to monitor and maintain during the course of the day to stay abreast of all the work that we are chasing.

It would be great to be able to see ALL of the projects in one simple view, Open, Closed and Awarded Projects.

This just stops you forgetting about a project during the period of it being Closed and being Awarded.

If you are talking to another person regarding that project it is much easier to see all of the relevant information relating to that project in the one spot.

“Once…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the ability to sort the watchlist by quotes due date

At the moment, the Watchlist is the only place I can see both tenders I have access to and tenders I have received outside of EstimateOne.

Unfortunately the functionality to sort this page by due date is missing, that would be helpful in managing workloads.

Though it would probably be handier if it was located within Invitations & Requests as that would give a central location to manage all quoting, requested/invited or selected.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is available on EstimateOne

By clicking 'Quotes Due' in your watch list you can sort it by descending or ascending due date.

6. Add a "Send Quote" feature that allows me to send a quote to all Builders on the project

I would like a way to send my PDF quote to all Builders who are tendering a project within the EstimateOne application. It would also be good if I could be prompted to send my quote to any new Builders who were not on the project when I sent my quote.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

You can now send quotes through EstimateOne! You can choose whether to send it to one or all builders, and even see when it’s been accessed by the builder at the other end. Neat!

7. Put a date next to the project to show when the documents first became available.

If the date that the project was uploaded displayed next to the project it would be easier to know what projects are new and what are old.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is available on EstimateOne and you can easily see when projects were uploaded - you can also sort your project lists by date of upload whether you'd like to see the oldest or newest projects first.

8. User only information

Within companies you have multiple users - I would only like to see my own project information tender docs and track my own projects. Receiving project updates etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve made managing team work simpler.

On the invites & requests page, you can apply a filter to view only projects you’ve been invited to or downloaded documents on.

To receive emails for only your interested projects, go to the settings page and change the watchlist email settings to your projects only.

9. Project Start and End Dates

Allow Builders to post the intended start and finish dates for the projects they list on the Noticeboard.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a tenders Watchlist view that can be sorted by closing date or "tender close countdown days"

Implement by adding "Earliest Closing Date / Countdown" column which you could then "high/low" sort as with other columns

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the new website design came the ability to sort the quotes due date within the watchlist. Any other suggestions, please post them up!

11. Designer's Contact Details

Please include information about the architect or the interior designers of Projects on the noticeboard.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available! Look out for the ‘Consultants’ heading in the project slider and follow the prompts to review pricing options.
    Get the Consultants details add-on to see architects and engineers on each project.

12. Filtering projects by category

We would like to be able to filter projects on the noticeboard by Project Category.

This would allow us to target projects of a specific category as not every single trade is used in all tenders.

Project categories should include:
    - Retail
    - Commercial
    - Flats & Units
    - Industrial
    - Community
    - Civil Engineering
    - Hospitality
    - Residential

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, this is now available! Using the ‘filters’ table above the Tenders Noticeboard, you can now sort through projects, including showing only those within particular categories” Hope this helps you find exactly what you’re after. Happy searching.

13. Search for Projects by Location

I would like to be able to search for open and awarded projects in a particular suburb.

I would also like the ability to search within a specified proximity of that Suburb.
    For example, I would like to see all Projects in Melbourne's CBD (projects in postcode 3000) OR within 10km of Brisbane's CBD (anything within 10km of postcode 4000).

This will assist in finding the projects in the areas that I want to work.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available! We have filters that allow you to hone in various locations and a radius surrounding. Thank you for making this suggestion, happy searching.

14. Allow me to filter tenders based on things like budget, trade required, distance etc

This filter should be saved to my account so I don't have to re-enter it each time I login to EstimateOne. Specifically, I would want to filter based on distance, trades, category, date added (like last 24 hours etc), budget.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are lots of filters available on EstimateOne to help you sort through tenders, and your last used filter will now load when you bring up EstimateOne. You can save as many different filters as you like and apply them by clicking the dropdown arrow next to the filter name. Hope that helps!

15. Allow subcontractors to record statuses against tenders, like "Quoting", "Quoted" and "Negotiating".

This will allow me to better manage my quote pipeline, follow-up on quotes submitted, and track my win/loss rate.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available, you now have the ability to mark projects as quoting, or not quoting, throughout EstimateOne. Happy quoting!

16. Allow multiple points of download within a company team without having to authorise every single one.

Often more than one of my team download the same package from a builder. When we have to request the package from the builder, it doesn't make sense that each one of us has to do it (and likely annoys the builder, too). Once a package is authorised for a company to download, make it available to others in the company (so long as connected to account on estimate one) without having to request authorisation from the builder. This could be easily be controlled where the builder doesn't want this to happen by providing a 'release to person' and 'release…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now view any of your teammates Invites & Requests on the Invites & Requests page. Click the team drop down on the far right of the filters, and tick “All”. You’ll then be able to view any tenders your team have requested or been invited to. Any questions, please let us know.

17. Eliminating Search Results Outside our Zone

Currently when searching for projects, the results show all national results other than just our licence zone. Can this be changed to filter either by licence zone or better still by the nominated Kilometre Filter already in place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Andrew, thanks for your feedback.

This is currently available as a feature for our Supplier users. I have enabled the enhanced search on your account.

Please let me know your thoughts!

18. Allow us to search via Project Site Address.

As a supplier dealing with contractors and merchants we often get direct quote requests based on a site/street address not a project name and sometimes we are not even given a suburb. To then be able to find the project and offer quotes to everyone tendering becomes difficult and time consuming with the current search options.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! If you search for the address using quotation marks around the project site address, this will bring up the project. For example, type in “45 Street name” and hit enter.
    Happy searching!

19. Allow us to sort Spec Search results by date

When searching for our product, the search often yields pages of results. Would be great if we could sort the list of results from newest to oldest or oldest to newest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience Amy.

We have now rolled out the ability to sort and filter spec search results the same as you can on the tender noticeboard.

The feature is currently being rolled out to all users and you should see it in your account in the next few weeks.

20. Show the Successful Tenderer of Each Project

I quoted 2 builders who were both unsuccessful so I would now like to contact the successful tenderer yet this does not appear in the system. Often the successful builder wins a job then asks for re-quotes for each trade

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Categories