Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

98 results found

1. Show more than 25 results when I do specification searches

It would be good if I could view more than 25 results so that I can see all the projects where a search term appears on the documents

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Tony Dymock responded

A reversal for you. We have currently expanded search results to 125 for suppliers, and subbies to 50. Over time we will work on uncapping the search results so you can filter and sort projects as you require.

2. Builders Physical Address

When clicking on builders, only the name and email is shown. Please include a physical address to insert on a letter head

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

This has been improved. Clicking on the builders name will now show the address, as long as it has been provided to us.

3. THE NBC ICON

More training for companies that are not sure what this button means. It seems that it is often associated with projects incorrectly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for your feedback, we have created a tooltip that highlights what the NBC icon means, and written an article in the EstimateOne Support section with further information. If you have any tips to improve this further, please let us know!

4. Allow subcontractors to select parts of documentation from a tender invite to avoid large download of full document package

Where a subcontractor is sent an invitation to tender with a link to access documentation, it is a one click download and does not provide the ability to select or deselect parts of the package. Some of the projects have very large attachments and can result in a very long download of a lot of documents that arent needed.

It would be great to be able to select only the portions we want, ie structural/civil/arch/electrical/mechanical/contractural etc

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Kevin Ryan responded

Great suggestion! We’re pleased to let you know it is now possible to choose which of the documents within a package you would like to download. You just need to select the check box next to documents of interest from within the document previewer (on the left, next to the filename), then click the download button. Thanks again for the feedback, we hope it makes accessing relevant documents much quicker for you!

If you would like a bit more detail on how to do this, please check out the knowledge base article http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/945403-how-do-i-preview-documents

P.s. when viewing documents in the Previewer, please remember that a Document Transmittal will be issued to you for all documents in the package. As such, please make sure you review all documents carefully to ascertain whether they will affect your quote or not.

5. Allow me to see if a package requested by another User of my account is obsolete

My colleague has gone on annual leave, and whilst I am able to see the requests he has made that have been approved, I am unable to see if the documents were ever downloaded, or if the previously downloaded documents are current or obsolete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now added the “My Team” tab to all users. You will be able to see the status of your team members invites & requests.

We will be expanding on the My Team functionality so please let us know any new features you’d like to see.

6. Don't show "Awarded" projects when I filter search results to view "Closed" Tenders

Most of the projects that appear when I search for closed tenders are already awarded. This is not something I need to see and if I did it is available to me in the "Awarded" results tab

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now fixed this quirk. Awarded projects will no longer show under Closed, and vice versa.

7. Allow me to see projects I have been invited to within my EstimateOne account

In Bidcontender I can see my invitations I receive from Builders along with the projects I request to download. As we don't often actively seek out tenders and mostly receive invitations for the tenders we price, it would be good if we had a central list of projects we have been invited to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! You can now see the projects you have been invited to within your EstimateOne account under “Invitations & Requests”. Thanks again for the excellent suggestion, we hope it makes keeping track of projects you are invited to a lot easier!

Here is a link to the knowledge base article in case you have any questions: (http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/939759).

8. When viewing Tenders "By Map" the map should be centred on the blue "Your Location" pin

Currently when I view tenders on a Map, I am initially shown tenders in Melbourne even though I am located in QLD. My tenders when viewed "by project" or "by builder" are filtered to show tenders in and around the Pimpama region. The map shows a pin for my location so it would be good if that was the first area I am shown when I open the map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve tweaked this so that when you view tenders by map, it will load over your office location by default. Thanks again for the suggestion, we hope it makes life that little bit simpler!

9. Lifts

We spend a great deal of time downloading documents as there is often no indication for requirements for lifts etc. It would be extremely helpful and save us many hours per week if lifts/dumbwaiters/disability access was categorised (perhaps as "LIFTS") with indication of "Lifts required" or "No lifts required" A fairly selfish request perhaps but having to download & search documents is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Lift Services is a trade that builders can indicate as required for a project. When this occurs the tender name shows up in bold on the noticeboard and you will also notice “Lift Services” bolded in the project details under “Trades”.

Does this address your suggestion, or is there something else you are looking for?

10. Add a filter that shows only projects closing today and tomorrow on the All Open Tenders table

That way I do not miss out on pricing for a Builder who is pricing a project that multiple Builders are pricing, some of whom have a much later closing date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Guy,
    We now have filtering available on both the open and awarded tender pages, so you can sort projects and find those closing dates.
    We’d love to hear from you if you are finding these filters helpful, or have any further suggestions. Thank you!

11. Fix closing date confusion

• e.g. tenders list shows "today", open the tender & the closing date shows "tomorrow". Suggest keep the date field (unambiguous) and use color code e.g. yellow = this week & red = today
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should now be fixed and display correctly.

You may find instances where the tenderboard shows “Today” but the project details popup says “Tomorrow”, due to different builders having different closing dates.

Please let us know if there’s any other display issues with this!

12. Being able to still access PDF files on jobs that have been awarded

On some instances we may need to review the PDF files (if not saved on the computer) after the job has been awarded. Currently once it has been awarded all files disappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The documents request function is still active on awarded tenders. If you’re having issues with it still, please let us know and we’ll investigate further.

13. Implement a Project ID Number

It is becoming increasingly difficult to search projects due to the increasing number of projects with similar names. A Project ID Number would significantly improve our ability to search for a specific project.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pleased to announce tenders now have an ID number for quick reference. You can also search for tenders using this ID number. Thanks again for the suggestion – keep them coming!

14. Consider a project’s due date as the earliest due date set by any one of the tenderers.

Currently when sorting by “Due Date” on the noticeboard a project appears as closing on the latest date set by a tendering contractor. Changing this to the earliest date will prevent us from missing opportunities to quote for Builders as all tenderers will be open to receiving pricing. Sometimes I find tenders that are open for one Builder but have closed for all the other tenderers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Filters have now been added to the open and awarded tenders page, so you can now sort and filter in however many different ways you require.

Specifically regarding this query – projects will remain sorting by the latest close date by a builder. This is because one or two builders may be invited back to post-tender, and extend their deadline. If we sort by earliest builder, then these projects will disappear for other subbies.

Please let us know if there’s any further improvements you can think of, thank you for you suggestion.

15. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to receive Watchlist updates for tenders I have added to the Watchlist only

Tenders added to the Watchlist by my colleagues are not relevant to me so updates are not necessary

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now manage your email notifications so that you are only notified of projects that you yourself added to the watchlist.

Head to your settings tab and change “Watchlist Update” projects dropdown to “Watched by me”

17. Links within 'Watchlist Update' emails should point towards the specific project

It would help me save time if the links were specific to each project, rather than being taken to the Tenders Tab and having to search for the project

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks again for pointing this out! From now on the links in your watchlist emails will point you straight to the project – so you don’t have to waste time searching for it.

18. Add a way to allow Subbies to preview the tender documentation prior to requesting a package

This would be a great way of allowing Subbies to get an idea of the size and scope of the job without requiring the Builder to manually enter any information about the tender.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce this new feature is available! Within your EstimateOne account you can now preview documents prior to having to download the package files. Better still, you can search the entire package for keywords to help you zero in on the relevant documents. Thanks again for this awesome suggestion, we hope it makes life easier!

Here is the link to the knowledge base article for more detail (http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/945403-how-do-i-preview-documents).

19. Allow me to nominate a preferred project type as well as a trade

So that we can nominate the kinds of projects we are interested in and we can have these projects suggested to us when a Builders add them to our account.

An example of this would be that I am only interested in projects over 5 million dollars within 100km from my office in any "Category". If you could email me any project that meets these criteria as they are added to EstimateOne that would be a huge timesaver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anthony,
    We now have filters on the open and awarded tenders page, so you can filter projects based on project type.
    Hope this helps you find exactly what you’re looking for, but we’d love to hear from you if it still doesn’t suit your needs.

20. Sort newly added projects by date added, not description

Newly added project list is sorted by name. New projects can be buried at end of list. List should be sorted by date added.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce you’re now able to sort projects by the date they were added to EstimateOne. New projects getting buried in an alphabetical list is now a thing of the past. Thanks again for the suggestion!

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base