Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Project Status: 'Under Negotiation'

Good Morning Zaiga & Sophie.

Further to my earlier suggestions by e-mails to Sophie and Melanie, can you please include an additional option as 'Under Negotiation' or a similar wording in addition to 'Awarded/Lost/Withdrawn' under ACTIVE PROJECTS. Furthermore, if you are running out space, 'Withdrawn' can be replaced with 'Under Negotiation' as I believe this is hardly used by any builders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jay,
    Thanks for the feedback, interesting idea. We’d love to know a bit more about why this is something you’d like to see. Negotiation can be a very short period, is there a specific scenario you have in mind where you’d find this information valuable?

2. Subcontractor Tender List in Draft

Other platforms allow the subcontractor tender list to be selected and saved in draft. This allows the estimator to prepare the tender list for review by the wider team prior to issuing packages.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow a document to be attached to correspondence

At the moment correspondence only allows for text to be input. The only way I can send a letter is to send it as an addendum which they will have to download, then open.

As some subbies quoted without downloading our documents or didn't download an update, the download will be polluted with other documentation. That's assuming they will even download it as it will come through as "document changes" . I want it to go as "Correspondence" with an attachment they can open from their email.

Being able to send correspondence to all subbies is great, but it could…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tender Responses "Revised" and "Rates" Option

For the Tenders and Responses Page it would be good to be able to update a subcontractors status from "Quoted" to "Revised" for when they send in an updated quote.

Additionally it would be good to have to option to mark a subcontractor as having submitted and be marked of as "rates" for when they just send a generic list of rates as this isnt technically a "quote"

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Collapse All Option in Documents Section

Hi Estimate One,

I am looking to suggest a potential option to add a button in the documents section which will allow me to collapse/condense all the documents under my headings. Particularly for larger projects with lots of documents and revisions this would be really helpful instead of having to scroll through a large web page and clicking each heading to condense the documents.

Thanks for your help.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nikolay,
    Thanks you for this feedback, we understand how this would make using the platform much easier to use. We’ll look into how we can address this for you.

6. Editing the "Invitation to Tender" Email

Head Contractors should have the ability to edit the contents of the Invitation to Tender email.

Notes on how we want prices to broken out or general information needed by each trade can be entered this way.

Currently, this can only be achieved by sending a correspondence immediately after issuing the tender package, or including a pre-made .pdf file into the trade package that contains this extra information.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    Thank you for this suggestion, we are looking into the ability to customise your invitation emails to give you more control. Stay tuned!

7. document request

DOCUMENT REQUEST
    An extra button to 'comment' back to subbie to let them know why their request was rejected.
    AND more information is required on a subbie, perhaps a company profile, this will be important when deciding if they are suitable for the project .... sometimes their trade is not required (hence 'full set requested)
    ALSO - why are some of the Subbies on Doc. Request section appearing on the printed version of the Subcontractors List when they have NOT been Approved .... this is annoying

thanks Jan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion Jan, we can see how it would be valuable for you and subbies equally. It’s on our radar!

8. INVITES & RESPONSES PAGE

INVITES & RESPONSES PAGE
    NOTES - auto date (4 digit eg 20/07) and maybe even an auto initial (2 digit eg JR) as this info does not appear on the printed version
    thanks Jan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jan,
    Thanks for this feedback, we’ll take it on board, we can see how this information would be handy when you print this page.

9. Display mobile phone number over the office phone number

In the "INVITES & RESPONSES" tab of a project, the "PHONE" column will always prioritise the office number/company number of each contact over their direct phone number.

E.g. if I add a phone number to the company (02 XXXX XXXX) and then add a contact to that company with a mobile number (04XX *** ***), then the company number will be displayed in the "PHONE" column of the project when an invite is sent to that person rather than their mobile number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    We can see this is an important feature to you! We currently surface the company office number to maintain confidentiality of private information. We do understand that every company has unique requirements, so we may consider adding an option to include a mobile number, that way you can chose what’s right for you and your business.
    For the time being, we recommend utilising the project description section to share alternate contact number/s. Happy tendering!

10. 'Maybe Quoting'

Add a category to the Invites & Responses page called 'Maybe Quoting'. This will greatly assist senior management to call prospective sub-contractors and convince them to quote the project.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael,
    We appreciate a tentative quoting option / “maybe” quoting would definitely be valuable in the procurement process. We are planning on reviewing the response statuses available, so we will take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you!

11. Reminder to Call

It would be a good if there was a 'Reminder to Call' tag for sub-contractors on the Invitations page. This would allow estimators to tag important sub-contractors to call at a later date.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this great suggestion! We know that builders refer to our Invites & Responses often while managing their tender. We also understand that builders leave notes against subbies as a reminder to call them back. So it makes a lot of sense for builders to be able to tag subbies with a reminder to call.
    Something we will look into further, thank you for getting in touch.

12. Autodetect location when editing Address Book entries

The address function when you’re editing an existing company’s details does not have the ‘automatic pickup’ when compared to when a new company is added.
    When a company is first added, if you type e.g.: 658 Church. Immediately…Richmond 3121 will be picked up and that completes the address.
    However, when you’re editing an existing company’s address (Let’s say they’ve moved offices), the infill layout breaks the address down to (Street Address, Suburb, State etc.) – This is Slow.
    In addition, if you typed in a wrong/non-existent street address by accident, the resultant for the company’s address will be wrong (No…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thanks, this is a great suggestion. We will be doing this over the next few months.

13. Include the Date and Creator of a Note when exporting Notes to Excel.

At the moment we are having to manually input this information. As a number of our staff could be adding notes to a particular project at various times, it would be helpful to automatically include it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We can definitely understand why date/creator information would be important. We are happy to take this onboard as a consideration for future improvements.

14. Allow Builders to issue multiple RFQ's at once

It would be good when issuing RFQ's for Construction Stage projects if I could issue multiple RFQ's at once. This is a really powerful feature available at tender and it would be good to have added to Construction Mode.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We can understand that issuing multiple RFQ’s would save a lot of time. We will look at ways to improve this experience.

15. If a subbie has closed business- allow an inactive button, which allows you to see their previous involvement without deleting them.

If a sub-contractor has stopped tendering, an inactive button will allow you to see what they've priced without deleting them permanently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valentina,
    Really good idea! We are committed to improving the functionality of the Address Book and we will continue to investigate and work out the best ways to do it. This is something we will definitely dive deeper into. For the moment as a work around, I would recommend you remove their email address’ (preventing them from displaying at the invitation step), or adding them to an insolvent / out of business list as a way of keeping on top of them.

16. Deleting Contacts in the Address Book

As a Head Contractor, our address book has evolved over the last decade to have in excess of 3,500 subcontractors and suppliers. It is hard to manage this database and keep it updated. To start, I was trying to delete contacts that were redundant, and was thinking that there may be a need to organize/delete contacts a faster way than what is currently the process.

Also is there a way to organize the contacts of when their last point of contact was.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this comment Jono, we’re currently reviewing the address book function to help you manage your contacts and eliminate redundant contact details, stay tuned.

17. Allow me to export a Subcontractors Transmittal in Excel format

This would be great as it would be in a format that is consistent with the "Document Register" I export from the documents page. This would also mean I do not have to show the Subbies 2 very different transmittals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the benefit in this and will consider implementing the ability to export Document Register on a subcontractor level.

18. Allow Builders to find Subbies who use EstimateOne instead of just the Subbies in our Address Book

It would be great if we could choose to invite Subcontractors who are EstimateOne members instead of the Subbies on our Address Book

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the layout of the tender received by our sub-contractors

Can you please change the layout of the tender invitation to sub-contractors and make it more personal because a lot of our sub-contractors thinking that this is a spam and not looking at this email and not downloading/ pricing the jobs.

It looks more like an advertisement then a tender invitation. Can you please allow me to add my signature at the end of tender invitations, remove the banner with our logo at the top of the emai and instead format the email as presented below.

"Hi Subcontractor,

I would like to invite you to tender on the ##### package…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a way to search the Address Book to show Subbies in or near to a specific location

I just wanted to know if is possible to go to the "Address Book" tab and have an option for putting a job address in in the search section to locate local subcontractors close to that area from our subcontractors list.

As this option is not available it would be great to have this as it will help me find all my local sub-contractors for each job sites that I want.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and somehting for us to consider as we continue to make improvements to the Address Book in the coming months

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base