Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Response & Quote Rate calculation

When inviting multiple contacts at a company to a package and only one person responds or says they're quoting, should we mark off all contacts in that company with the same response? Doing this impacts the response and quote rates, so perhaps the quote and/or response rate calculation should be based on the company/package level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate this would be impacting your response rates. We will keep this in mind for a method of improving invitation management. Until then, we would recommend you continue to mark off the individual contact as quoting and revoking the invitations of the contacts who are not quoting.

2. Include the Builder's phone number in the Invitation to Tender email.

Currently the Subbie can only view the Builder's phone number on the "Help and Support" page of the download page and on the "Correspondence' exports.

If the phone number is shown on the correspondence when exported to PDF I think it should also appear on the correspondence itself.

If we are issuing invitations to Subbies that we do not have a close working relationship with it would be really helpful for them if they were given access to our phone number as well as our name and email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that requires more investigation as to whether all of our clients are happy to include this in their emails.

3. Notify uploader via email when errors uploading documents

When uploading documents, it would be helpful to be notified via email if the upload has errors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, we appreciate it’s important to know if something went wrong in your document upload. We’re happy to take it onboard as a consideration for future improvements.

4. Show projects from all of our accounts on our Public Tender Page

We have three separate accounts across three states (QLD,VIC,NSW).

We would rather direct Subbies to a single page and have them see all of the work they can price.

In the case of NSW we have projects that are being tendered out of Sydney and Brisbane depending on where in NSW the project is. It would be good if Subbies could just see all tenders in NSW in the same place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. This issue is something that only comes up with a small number of Builders who have multiple office location and Public Tender Pages, so we are looking into how feasible this is for us to do.

We appreciate that this would be of great value to you and the Subcontractors and hopefully is something we can support for our Head Contractors with multiple Public Tender Pages in the future.

5. Send a single Weekly Report and Weekly Tender Reminder email for all of my accounts rather than an email for each

If I am listed as a User on multiple accounts and I request my access link I am sent one email for all of my accounts.

However, when I am listed as a User on multiple accounts, I am sent a separate tender reminder email and weekly report for each account that I have access to.

All emails sent by EstimateOne should be sent once and refer to all the accounts I may have access to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this makes sense, we’ll look into how we can improve the emails and reports we send out.

6. Don't include "RE:" in the subject of correspondence

RFI's issued for construction projects all include "RE: PROJECTNAME" in the email subject line. Even if the correspondence is the very first thing sent about the project.

RE: in email subject is used to notate a reply. I think EstimateOne should avoid including this in the email subject and instead include the type of correspondence i.e "RFI" or "EOT"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion here, understand the convention of using ‘re:’ in email subject lines, we’ll look into how this could be improved.

7. Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that we are considering.

At this time we need to conduct more research with Subcontractors and whether they consider this idea to be of value. We already send a lot of correspondence to Subcontractors through email and need to understand whether they would be willing to receive SMS notifications in the future.

8. Tell me when I am looking at a project I already have received an invitation for

Projects I am invited to can sometimes appear differently to the same project when it appears on the noticeboard.

When I am looking at projects on the noticeboard, make it clear to me if I have already been invited to this project.

That way I do not request documents for projects I am already invited to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! It makes a lot of sense to be able to see if you have any invitations when looking at a project. We have been discussing this internally, so it certainly helps to hear customers asking for it. Thanks for taking the time to post this, we’ll be in touch with an update when this progresses.

9. Alert a Subcontractor if they have opened an invitation for a withdrawn project

When I withdraw from a project I issue correspondence to all Subbies letting them know we have withdrawn from a project.

Whilst this should be enough, there are still some cases were Subbies do not get this email.

In this case they might have the original invite email and have access to the documents page.

If I have withdrawn from the project it should be clear to the Subbies that this is the case. We don't want to waste Subbie's time looking at projects we aren't pricing. We also don't want to receive calls or queries from Subbies about documents…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, this is a good suggestion. This requires a bit of thought from our end on the best way of managing this.

Until then, we advise you continue issuing correspondence to your subcontractors to advise them when withdrawing.

10. Allow me to set sub trades

It would be good if I could set up sub-trades in my Address Book. That way when setting up a project I could better specify the works required. i.e for Piling it would be great if I could specify if the works required were Sheet Piling, Bored Piers, sheet piling or a combination of the 3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this further as we explore how we can improve address book management.

For the time being, we recommend you create these sub-trades in your address book, such as “Piling – Sheets” etc, and assign subcontractors accordingly. This way, the particular sub-trades will be visible in the Trades step.

11. When inviting Subbies to tender allow me to see when an Address Book entry was last updated

This will give me an idea of how current the Subbies' contact information is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Great suggestion, we will be looking into how we can improve the information in the Address book and bring useful information like this to the forefront of the app. We understand that this would be useful for keeping the whole team up to date.

12. Allow me to Export a "Document Register" that shows all of the documents added to a Subcontractors pacakage

When signing up a Subcontractor to a project I am required to generate a register of every document that they were sent and when it was made available to them. This is then included as part of their contract.

This register should include all documents the Subcontractor was sent throughout the tender period along with when each document was updated.

When I export the Document Register it shows all documents added to the project and when they were added but this is not specific to the package the Subcontractor was sent.

"Transmittals" sent to the Subcontractor do not give us…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. A subcontractor focused Document Register is something we have heard from a couple of different builders over time. It is definitely worth investigating further, and we will keep it in mind as we look to make further improvements to documentation management on EstimateOne.

13. Add an Undecided status that can be assigned to Subcontractors on my Invites & Responses

This would allow me to record if a Subcontractor is yet to confirm whether or not they intend on quoting on a project. This will then allow me to focus on contacting Subbies who are yet to confirm if they are pricing as a priority.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We’re looking at ways to improve the response management on the Invitations and Responses page and will consider this when making changes.

14. Allow Builders to store both a Mobile and Direct Line for contacts in my Address Book

It would be handy if we could store both of these details about a contact so that I can always make contact with them.

Currently we are only able to store a mobile or a direct line in addition to the company phone number. I am asking for the ability to store a direct line and a mobile number for a contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Neil,
    Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll take this into consideration as we look at ways to improve the Address Book.
    A good way to work around this at the moment is to add the same contact again with an alternative number.

15. Allow me to "save" the list of files that failed to upload so that I can retry uploading these files.

It would be good if I could save a copy of these errors in order to find the files, check they are valid (not corrupt files) and then retry uploading these files.

Currently the moment you upload another file, the error messages are cleared which makes it hard to figure out what files I am yet to upload.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We appreciate your suggestion. We are absolutely committed to improving documentation management, and we will keep your suggestion on hand while we work through future improvements.

16. Suggest the completed addresses for companies in my Address Book as I type them.

This functionality currently exists when entering the address of a project on EstimateOne. It would be good if I could also have an Address suggested to me as I am creating and updating the Addresses on file for Subcontractors in my Address Book.

The same as when I add a new project, if there is no suitable suggested address we could then fall back to adding the address manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Chad. We are looking into whether this is possible in all areas of the app. We know that this would be of great help to speed up and streamline the app, but may take some time due to some technical implications of using the auto-suggest feature across the board. We are committed to improving this throughout the app, but currently aren’t able to have the auto suggest feature, hopefully we can soon!

17. Ability to add addendum notes to subbies invited after addendums published

When inviting new subcontractors after addendums have been published, enable the invitation to include notes sent on addendum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this would be very useful for both yourself and the Subcontractors, and that these Addendum notes are not currently available in the invitation.

18. Update the copy in the RFQ correspondence to make it clearer that the project has been awarded

Currently the copy in this email reads:

[BUILDER] is inviting [SUBBIE] to quote on the [PACKAGE NAME] package for [PROJECT NAME].

We would like this updated to:

[BUILDER] has been awarded the above project and invites [SUBBIE] to quote on the [PACKAGE NAME] package for [PROJECT NAME].

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have recently updated the subject in the RFQ correspondence to include Awarded project. We will consider this additional change. Thank you.

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback.

We can understand why being able to see when a subcontractor was added is important information to have. We will definitely consider your suggestion as we look to improve subcontractor management on EstimateOne.

20. Provide ability to filter Builders "Recently Awarded"

Add the ability for builders to search the Recently Awarded information by category eg, Retail. Filtering through this information without search functions is very time-consuming. We are using this information regularly, and will often find out here who has been awarded a project we tendered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. It is great to learn how users would like to use this information and hear that the Recently Awarded information is of value to you.
    We’ll be looking into your suggestion and any other ways we could improve this part of EstimateOne.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base