Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Hide Subcontractors on my "Do Not Use" company list when using "Invite Single"

When using this feature to issue a single invitation I am unable to tell that the Subbie I am inviting is on my "do not use" list. It would be good if I could prevent these Subcontractors from appearing altogether.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. We acknowledge that a “Do Not Use” category would be simple when searching and inviting subbies and does warrant further investigation. To help you manage this for the time being, we recommend that you delete these contacts emails, that way you won’t be able to issue them an invitation.

2. Hide Subcontractors on my "Do Not Use" company list when searching my Address Book

When searching my Address Book it would be great if there was a way to hide companies that appear on a certain list.

For example, we have a list of Subcontractors that we "do not use". When searching the Address Book I can show Subbies on this list but I cannot hide them. When searching for Subcontractors to invite to a tender it would be good if we could hide Subcontractors just as we can show them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We understand the benefits of a ‘Do Not Use’ list in the Address Book to help you manage and sort your contacts. This is something we would look at when investigating how we can improve on Address Book management.

3. Add the ability to "Filter" table when creating a list

Before we receive documents for a project we will use the "Lists" feature to prepare the send out list of Subcontractors we will issue invitations to tender.

When creating this "Contact List", it would be great if I could "filter" out Subcontractors on the "Do Not Use" company list so that I do not add undesirable companies to the "Contact" list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we will take into consideration as we look to improve subcontractor management. For the time being, we suggest you make edits to the company names so they can be easily displayed, like “DNU Subbie”. You only see the company name in this step so it’s an easy work around while we investigate a system wide Do Not Use tag.

4. Allow Builders to include the Architects logo on project correspondence

Adding the Architects logo is a great way of encouraging them to engage in the EstimateOne platform. Generally they have their own system for managing emails & correspondence so it can be hard to get them to use the same platform as the Builder for a project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the feedback, this makes sense. There are other areas we are committed to improving on the correspondence product before we investigate this further.

5. Allow me to include a note in my "Invitation to Tender" email so that I can indicate whether or not a BOQ is to come.

After issuing invitations I will often receive a barrage of emails from Subcontractors requesting a BOQ or asking if I have included a BOQ in the package I just sent.

It would be good if I could avoid these emails all together. One way to do this would be to include a note in the Invitation to Tender email indicating whether or not a BOQ was going to be made available for the package.

Not every trade requires a BOQ so an option to say "No BOQ will be provided" is also required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. Right now you could issue separate correspondence, but we can certainly see how being able to do this in the same step would be easier.

6. Enable me to create a note when issuing an RFQ and have this note sent to the Subcontractor

I would also like to have the ability to add a note to the email sent to Subbies when you issue a revision affecting the package sent as part of their RFQ

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a status for projects that I am requiring pricing on and awarded.

We do a lot of Cost Plus work and would like to show potential Subcontractors that our projects are both Awarded and that we are still looking for tender prices.

Subbies are more likely to want to work on these projects as there will be no other Builders to deal with.

Some Subbies who cannot see awarded work may not be able to see these projects.

We also are a Builder/Developer so we build all of the work we tender. These projects would fall in a similar category but are not done on a 'cost plus' contract.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback, we appreciate that different kinds of projects follow different processes. The best way to manage these Cost Plus projects is by listing them as Awarded as you are doing. We’ll take into consideration the option of introducing a Cost Plus category for instances like this so subbies are be able to view these kinds of tenders with a free account.

8. show current tenders by State also not just KM's from my location

I'd like to be able to view current tenders by state , not just KM's , as Qld is so large , when I want to view tenders in Far north QLD I end up seeing tenders in NSW and VIC when I just want to see QLD only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into surfacing more project-specific information at the All Tenders section of your account. We will take filtering by state into consideration.

9. Display number of invites for each package on packages page

It would be useful to have a column on the Packages page, which shows the number of invites issued against each package. This would be helpful when going back through packages to identify any gaps in coverage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We are investigating ways we can improve documentation management and this is seems a logical improvement.

10. when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We really try and limit the number of automated responses we issue your subcontractors so as they do not get overladed. However, there could be a way of us helping you manage this better.

11. Add a 'Hotel' category to the list of Project Categories

The Hotel Classification is mainly needed for clarity’s sake. The ‘Other’ option is very broad; it could be railway crossing or a yellow submarine, and the ‘Hotel’ or even ‘Hospitality’ classification is the only noticeable classification that is missing from the dropdown list. A 'Hotel' category can suggest a higher density of shared facilities (pools, spas, gyms, commercial kitchen equipment, etc.), indications of quality and the repetitiveness of particular trades in which some subcontractors find is their bread and butter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. We based these categories on market research at the time we created them. We’ll definitely be looking into whether these categories are still relevant and up to date with the industry, and see if we need to add any other new categories as you suggested. Thanks again.

12. Add a Response Filter for the Invitations and Responses page that shows anyone who could potentially submit a quotation for a project

On the Invites & Responses page it would be great if we could filter all subcontractors on the list to show those who are either yet to download documents, quoting or have documents. This would display only contacts that are still interested in receiving project correspondence and hide any subcontractor who are NOT QUOTING from appearing on this list.

This would give a good indication of the trade coverage you have on a tender as it allows you to view how many Subbies are quoting or at least still considering whether they will quote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you for your feedback John. We can definitely see value in using multiple filters to show or hide particular responses. We are looking into ways of improving how the responses can be better managed.

13. Display a contacts position when they appear on the Invite Single tool

Is it possible to show a contacts position (i.e Estimator) when selecting which contact at the chosen company you are going to invite. This will allow us to quickly determine who is the estimator or contact that is best place to receive out tender invitation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback, we can definitely see why this would be useful information to be displayed when using the Invite Single tool.

14. Pevent Subcontractors from being able to access documents after their RFQ has been marked as "Lost"

Subcontractors who are marked as "Lost" still have access to the package they were sent. Whilst you can prevent this from happening by "Revoking" the invitation, this could be simplified in a single step. Also the Subcontractor has already been marked as "Lost" and will no longer appear in the table once their invitation is revoked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This is a great suggestion, we will look into how RFQs are managed once a contract has been awarded.

15. scrolling

I am sick of scrolling
    PLEASE add a 'back to top' button
    or
    freeze pane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to submit the suggestion – we appreciate all the ideas, big and small. We’ll look into how we could improve your in app experience to avoid scrolling.

16. Prompt to add packages for newly selected trades when editing the matrix after trades have been added.

After the document matrix is done, I have to refresh in the matrix after editing the trades. It will be great if the matrix can refresh automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. change the view of the active and recent tenders to show the builder’s due date not only the subbies due date

We usually want to see the builder’s due date as that is what we use to know when we need to submit the tender.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We understand that this would help you manage your workflow and keep track of your projects in EstimateOne.

18. Allow Builders to view the tender panel on closed projects

Currently on the "All Tenders" page we can view open and awarded tenders. It would be good if we could also see which Builders were tendering on closed projects in particular the ones we have tendered for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. This would require more investigating from the market in order to make sure we can implement a solution that caters for everyone’s needs.

19. Action column on invites and responses page

The notes field is great, but if you have to action something, i.e. call back on a specific date or time, send a Bill of Quantities when available, arrange meeting etc we curently have to add these items to our outlook calendar, as you don't go through all the notes every day to look for things to do.

If there was an action column displayed to the right hand side of the status column we could see at a glance any actionable items.

I think it would require an editable field as actions will vary greatly but a completed option…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve tried to keep the invites and responses page as simple as possible for you to keep of track of what is happening in the project at a glance. We agree that it would be great to be able to manage your workflow for the project in greater depth in the EstimateOne account, and we’ll be looking into how we can improve the invites and reponse page in the future.

20. Add a "Preferred" field as an option when I 'Update My Closed Projects'

With regard to your website on the page where it shows the status of our projects and it has buttons for “pending” “awarded” “lost” & “withdrawn” have you guys thought about having a “preferred” button?

This will allow us to keep Subbies updated when we haven't won a project but aren't out of the running completely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion, it’s always great to come across ideas that might benefit both subbies and builders.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base