Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Display a date stamp when viewing notes on the Invitations & Responses page.

It would be super useful to show a date & time on the Invites & Responses page when "display most recent note" is selected. This would allow us to easily see WHEN the last note was written.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow me to update the tender responses for multiple Subcontractors at once

I want to update multiple Subbies to "Quoting" in a single step to save me time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow me to add companies to the displayed trade when I am searching my Address Book and have filtered to show only a single trade

When I have filtered to show companies assigned to a single trade (i.e Fire Services) in my Address Book. It would be good if I could then add a company to that trade when I press the "Add New Company" button.

Often I am searching for a company within a given trade in my Address Book and I cannot see them. I will then go to add the company, however will have to reselect the trade that I want to add that company to.

It would be good if when I have filtered to show contacts within a specific trade…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, we’ll be considering this as we continue to make improvements to the Address Book in the coming months.

4. Allow Builders to generate reports based on subcontractor's responses to previous tender.

I would like to be able to view the 100 Subbies who have been sent the most unactioned tenders

I would like to see the 20 Subbies who have the lowest quotation rate

etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

We’re currently working on surfacing subbie insights like this to gelp you at the invitation step. Keep an eye out in your account.

5. support the managing Expressions of Interest from Subcontractors prior to issuing tender invitations

Currently if you want to collect EOI's for a tender prior to issuing invitations to Subcontractors you need to create an EOI package and invite all Subcontractors to that package and then if they complete the EOI invite them to a second package. This process isn't ideal and leads to inaccurate response rates. The language in the correspondence the Subbies receive is also unclear as it refers to "Invitation to Quote on the Expression of Interest package".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow a "Scope of Works" to be entered for each package I create

This will allow us to convey the work required for each package we create. It will ensure this is consistent for all recipients of a single package and will allow us to update these on a package by package basis.

Scopes would not need to be downloaded only "Read and Agreed to" by Subbies. Allowing us to update a scope and issue notifications of this change separate to an Addendum or Revision will also make it easier to keep Subbies up to date with what we expect them to quote on for a project.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Innovative ideas from our Users about how we could make your lives easier are always welcome.

7. Present a more detailed "company profile" for Subcontractors who request packages

It would be good if we could get a more detailed capability statement from the Subbies who request to access tender documents from us. This would better inform our decision to approve/decline the request

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. Ideas about how we can help improve your workflows are always welcome and we appreciate you taking the time to post this feedback here.

8. Allow "Call Back Reminders" to be attached to an invitation to tender

This would ideally allow us to record when a Subcontractor asks us to call them back when following up on a tender. This should also notify me when the time comes to call them back so that I do not have to record a note in EstimateOne and then create a reminder elsewhere to notify me when I need to call the Subbie back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show the "Document Title" for files on the Document Matrix when I update this information

I have added "Document Titles" for all of the documents uploaded for a newly added tender. When I view these files on the Document Matrix I am not able to see the "Drawing Title" in the table.

The information in the "Document Title" is useful to me as it allows me to quickly add a document to package i.e the "WALL TYPE SCHEDULE" I know needs to go to all of my partitions subcontractors but instead I am shown this file on the matrix as simply "A005(B)_35-0207.pdf".

It would be great if the file name could be shown, but once…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to provide this feedback. It’s always helpful to hear about different ways Users would like to use the system or access information.

10. Export all of the notes left about a Subcontractor when exporting the Invites and Responses to PDF

When we sit down to review the tender preparation with management, this report could prove handy to demonstrate – who and when we spoke with a subcontractor. What was said. You may have 5 notes saying he is pricing – in such a scenario, I would believe he is pricing it for us. Just to show the last note where someone declines does not demonstrate how hard we try to obtain a subcontractor quote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. It’s great to hear the context of how you would like to use information.

11. Collapse / Expand all under documents

When uploading / reviewing documents could you add a 'Collapse all' and 'Expand all' button? currently when viewing documents you have to manually collapse / expand each sub-folder. On projects where there are many documents in many folders this becomes quite cumbersome - particularly when uploading new revisions issued in an addenda.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a status for "re-tender"

I’d like to see a “superseded” or “out for retender” button for status of
    project.

In this D&C environment we frequently tender the same project 2 or 3 times.

As a consequence, our stats under report success relative to projects tendered.

We may be asked to prepare an Order of Cost tender and then will be asked to submit a new tender based on new documents for a 75% designed D&C tender. If we were then to win this project we would have to make 2 projects as awarded or mark 1 as withdrawn and another as awarded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We can understand the need for our builders to have this ability, but we still need to undertake some further investigation to make sure we cater for everyone. We will definitely consider this as we make additional improvements to the product.

13. Make it possible to add/change document revision numbers from the document list

It would be good to be able to edit the revisions of drawings from with the document list. As far as I understand it at this stage if the revision number/letter is not picked up from the document file name when they are uploaded each document has to be opened and edited individually. On some projects this can take a long time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We also have a bulk edit capability that I believe solves this problem. From the documents page, select the check box next to the docs you wish to edit. Down the bottom of the page you will see an option for “edit details” which will bring up the bulk edit window.

14. Add a subject column to the correspondence list

It would be good to be able to see the subject of the correspondence in the correspondence list instead of just the correspondence type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include the "date sent" on the Invitations and Responses page

It would be really good to be able to show the "Date Sent" for invitations that appear on the Invites and Responses page. The first questions Subbies as when you are calling to see if they are quoting a job (that they often won't have downloaded) is "When did you send us the package?". So surfacing this information would be handy as currently you have to go digging through the audit trail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to create a company list of regularly quoting Subcontractors

We would like to be able to create lists based on companies who have quoted for us (on all tenders) over the last 3/6/12/18 months

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently working on surfacing insights on your subcontractors to help you invite the right subcontractors. This is great feedback and on how you would like to use these inights for us to consider as we make further improvements.

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. The idea of being able to extract information from documents is something we are looking into. We will consider this as we make additional changes to the documentation step.

18. Do not add contacts to my Address Book when I approve their request to access documents from the Public Tender Portal.

A contact should still be listed in the "unapproved contacts" in my Address Book if I approve their document request (made from the Public Tender Portal). If they do not price the project they requested we would never want to issue them another invitation anyway, so there is no point in having them added to the address book.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Indicate to a specific date when a subcontractor declines to quote.

A similar system to the document download indicator would allow us to monitor responses more effectively.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We understand that this information would help you monitor your responses more effectively. For the time being you can see this information in the Audit Trails.

20. Add another field under 'Update Your Closed Projects'

Currently under 'Update your closed Projects' there are 4 options.
    Pending. Awarded. Lost. Withdrawn.

Is it possible to add another called 'Project did not proceed'.

Currently we have a project that we were preferred builder but the finance fell through on the client side. So none of the current options really apply to this scenario and will be misleading to our subcontractors.
    This is not a one off situation either - we've had several projects not proceed due to financial reasons even through we were the successful builder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! We understand the value of tracking project status and we acknowledge that more can be done to do this effectively.

For the time being we would recommend using our “New Correspondence” feature in the Invites & Responses page. This would allow you to quickly issue correspondence to your subbies, updating the status of the project. We will look into adding some additional options.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base