Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Make it clearer in the Transmittal email that documents have already been sent and can be accessed from a separate email.

I am getting a number of calls from my Subcontractors who are attempting to download documents from the email they have received that contains their Document Transmittal.

It would be good if this email explicitly stated that no documents are available for download, or if this email contained a link that Subbies could access to download documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Grant, happy to look into this for you, appreciate it must be time consuming explaining this to individual subcontractors.

2. Add an "Approve and Merge" feature for unapproved companies that already exist in my Address Book

In the unapproved tab, I can see some contacts from companies that I know already exist in our database, however due to the "company name" being spelled slightly differently (using and instead of &, PTY LTD, co. instead of company, etc.) if I approve the contact (or their request) a whole new company will be created.

Please add a way that I can approve a contact and at the same time combine an unapproved contact with the the details of an existing company already in my address book.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that duplicates in your Address Book can be frustrating when selecting subcontractors to invite to tender. We are currently looking at improving the Address Book management to streamline the subcontractor selection process.

3. Include the total number of approved requests in the number of "Invites Sent" or "Requests" on the Active & Recent Projects table.

So that I can see how many invites were sent and how many requests I have approved without having to the view the invites and responses page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this information is important to you. We will look at ways of surfacing this in the app as we make additional improvements.

4. Allow me to add contacts to 'Contact Lists' when viewing their companies' Address Book entry

It would be good if I could add a contact to a Contact List while I am viewing that contacts Address Book entry.

You can already add a company to a company list when viewing their company information so it would be good if we could do the same for a contact.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. Thanks for getting in touch with this one. We’re going to be looking into how we can improve the Address Book soon, to make sure it is as easy as possible for you to navigate and organise.

5. Show notes within the Invite Multiple feature

When sending invitations using the invite multiple funciton it would be good if notes were visible when the curser hovers over a company name.

If a contractor/supplier is busy and not taking on anymore work until the following year, then it would be easier to see this information quickly…. Before sending an invitation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There is an option to “Display most Recent Note” from this page which will help with this.

6. Add the ability to search by contact name when using the 'Invite Single' feature.

With recent upgrades when doing a single invite to tender we can only search and see the company name. It would be good to see the contact names show up while searching the companies.

EG if I was to search G James I would have up to 10 different G James company profiles for different regions but when doing a single invite I can not see the contact name to know which of the 10 G James profile to select for the tender. Sometimes it is easier to search for the contact name rather than the company in this case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll be looking in to how we can improve the invitation and responses step in the future, and will take your suggestion on board. As we want it to be as easy as possible for you to find companies and contacts as quick as possible in the invitation step.

7. enable Builders to add contacts to their address book from the Invite Multiple to Tender page

It would be good if I could add a contact to my address book while issuing multiple invitations, that way I can issue an invitation to a newly added contact without having to do this in a separate steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, we haven’t worked out a way of doing this without losing your selections to invite. The best way of doing this for now would be to add and invite them after issuing your bulk send out.

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow me to add columns to display Custom Fields when creating Company Lists.

Allow me to add columns to display Custom Field data when creating Company Lists.

This will allows us to add companies to a list based on the information we store about them in the custom fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We can understand why you would like to surface this information when setting up Company Lists.
    We acknowledge the importance of leverging this information. We will review this as we look to make further improvements in your address book.

10. Allow builders to reuse Project descriptions

It would be good if we could reuse our past project descriptions when creating a new project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the value of reusing project description details. As we endevour to make improvements the application, we will look at ways of prepopulating this field for future projects to help save you time.

11. Add the ability to see what documents have been assigned to a package from the Invites & Responses page.

When on the Invites & responses page, I would like to be able to filter on a package (which I can now do) and see the documents that have been assigned to that package. This is so when I am speaking to the subcontractors I have an easy reference to what what they should have. This will save us from having to navigate away from the page to look at the Document Matrix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the notes left on Invites and Responses page

Make notes visible when my curser hovers over the notes icon on the Invites and Responses page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There is an option to “Display most Recent Note” from this page which will help with this.

13. Single Invites

When sending an invite to a single subcontractor it would be useful to have a dialogue box whereby you could send a message like "refer to specification clauses etc."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the suggestion! We can understand why this would be an important feature. We’ll be looking at ways to incorporate customisation into the invitations subcontractors recieve.

14. Add additional button options to the email invitation

Currently there are three options 1) Access Documentation 2) I already have documentation 3) I don't wish to quote this tender.

Replace # 1 with 'Review Documents prior to Accepting Invitation', and delete # 2 because the invitee may not have received all relevant documentation by another builder, and add 'I wish to quote this tender.'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a date to the "Quoted" status that shows on the Invites and Responses page

So that we can easily tell if a Subcontractor has submitted a quotation before they download the latest version of their document package.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the suggestion! We understand that this is useful information to surface in your account. At the moment as a work around, I would suggest you jump in the Audit Trail with the subcontractor, this will show the time you marked them as quoted.

16. Add the following statuses to the Invites and Responses page so we can assign these to Invitations

• Left Message
    • Ring (informing a cadet or someone to call this contractor)
    • Maybe Pricing (so we can follow them up)
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Currently in the Invites and Responses page you can leave all this relevant information in the notes tab, and then have the person who needs this information ‘display recent notes’ in the Invites and Response page.

We will be looking into how we can improve the Invites and Responses page and make your follow up even more streamlined, and will take your comments on board.

17. Add a way to build a list of new Subcontractors

It would be good if we could create a list of Subcontractors that we have only recently added to our Address Book. This will assist us to build relationships with Subcontractors we may have never worked with before.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thanks for this feedback, we’re looking at a range of new features for the address book, keep an eye out for some improvements like this that will help you manage your contacts.

18. Allow Builders to indicate which arm of our company is tendering a project

Can you please add a way for us to indicate which part of our company is tendering a project on the project details page. This is to represent which arm of the company the subcontractor should deal with (ie. Construction, Maintenance or Bespoke).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently you can do this by writing which arm of the company is tendering by writing this in the Project Description when addidng a new project. We will look into how we can make this clearer for special cases like yourself that have seperate arms in the future, and keep your feedback in mind.

19. Add "I'm no longer quoting" links in Broadcast Messages and Addenda Notifications emails

Links should be added to Broadcast Message and Addenda / Revision notification emails that allow the subcontractor to indicate they are not going to be pricing the tender, just like in the initial "Invitation to Tender" email.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We can see how allowing subcontractors to update their quoting status more often will boost your response rates.

20. Export a subby specific drawing register

Builders will often provide subbies with a personalised drawing register that is effectively a drawing register contextual to the documents an individual subby was transmitted. This currently requires manual collation of information and input into an excel file that is usually turned into a pdf... times that effort by the number of subbies you have on a project and you have a time-consuming process with plenty of opportunity for human error.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! A drawing register on a subbie specific level is a very valid suggestion. This piece of work is considerable, and would require us to research how many of our clients would also be after this. Thank you again for the suggestion!

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base