Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

61 results found

1. Prevent deleted companies from showing in the Address Book Tab search bar results

When I search for a company or contact in the Address Book tab, deleted companies appear in the results.

This is not in the Address Book itself but in the search in the blue "Address Book'" tab at the top of the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to assign a contact as the Primary Contact

It would be good if we could nominate which of the multiple contacts at a company are our primary point of contact.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thank you for this suggestion. You can now add primary contacts to a contact list, which can be leveraged when sending tender invitations.

3. Improve the Add New Company page to accommodate overseas companies

Currently the Address fields only reflect addresses within Australia. We are using several overseas companies but imputing their addresses is difficult using the set fields that are present in the current format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to print "exactly" what is see on the screen.

Be able to print "exactly" what is shown on the Invites & Responses screen, including all "coloured" status boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mark,

Are you aware that you can actually export the Invites & Responses page as a PDF?
    Alternatively, you can also use the print screen or screen shot function on your desktop computer.

5. Broadcast Message - Unable to Track (Trace) Record

We are unable to tell what we have sent in our Broadcast Messages or view a list of who has received them. It would be good if we could view a register which records each broadcast message sent and to whom.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Builders to record when we contact a Subcontractor

We want to record when a member of our estimating team contacts a Subbie. Specifically we want to know the time of the call, who made the call and the outcome of the call.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, the notes feature in EstimateOne makes all of this available for you, it will simply be a matter of having your Estimators, or whoever is doing your follow ups, make detailed notes about the call. Unfortunately, we are unable to automatically track this information for you.

7. Use the Estimators name to the sender of invitations instead of the Company

It would be good if emails sent to Subcontractors appeared as though they were sent by the Estimator themselves, not just the company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. I am proud to let you know this is now available on EstimateOne. The default is as the company name, however if you would like to change this to the Estimators name, give the Support Team a call.

8. State specific compliance

Add optional settings that allow Builders to indicate if there is any state specific code compliance on a project.

For example the NSW Code of Practice for the Building and Construction Industry (NSW Code) or the Victorian Government's Code of Practice for the Building and Construction Industry (Victorian Code).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, you are able to make clear this state specific compliance is relevant in your project description which your Subcontractors will see before they download their package.

9. Add a Deselect All option at the Invite to Tender step.

I can choose to "Select All" but there is no option to remove these selections once they have been made

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a way to automatically revise multiple files in the same revision

We require a method of automatically matching revised documents with the original.

This is needed when revising an entire set of project documents for post-tender pricing.

Manually changing each file from 'New' to 'Supersedes' can take a large amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. In the Addendum Wizard on EstimateOne, you now have the option to auto-suggest revisions. This features uses the file names to match up what documents are likely to need revising.

11. Add our Logo to invitation emails

I would like my companies logo to appear on the invitation to tender emails I send to Subcontractors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Builders to collapse and expand trade headings in the matrix as you can folders.

Trade disciplines such as Preliminaries, Architectural and Structure should be able to be collapsed and expanded as I can do with the folders on the Y axis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display all contacts with outstanding tender invitation

When following up subcontractors who haven't responded to a tender, be able to see all other open tenders they're yet to respond to.

This would make it easier for a phone admin resource to complete follow-up calling as it will allow them to discuss all outstanding tenders at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This feature is now available in EstimateOne, and is housed under the Tenders tab inside the company details of the subcontractor. Here you will see a history of all tenders you have previously invited this subcontractor too, including all the currently acitve tenders.

14. Allow me to re-use filters on the Multiple Invite tool

So that I do not need to reset my filters each time I issue Multiple Invitations using the Multi-Invite tool.

Filters should be saved on the project level, so that my filters are kept the same throughout the project.

If I update my filter during a project, this new filter should be saved and retained for the duration of the project. This new filter should replace any past filters that were saved for the project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a "Quoting" status that can be assigned to contacts on the Invites and Responses page.

Add a new "Quoting" status for Tender Responses (as displayed on the Invites and Responses page).

"Quoting" will indicate whether a contact has expressed any intention to provide a quote for that tender.

Invites and Responses should be able to be filtered to show only contacts who have been assigned the "Quoting" status.

"Quoting" and "Quoted" are mutually exclusive. If I mark a contact as "Quoted" this should replace their "Quoting" status.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow a single subcontractor contact to be invited when using a 'List'

When building a list, allow the selection of a single subcontractor contact for the tender, where there are multiple contacts available for a subbie.

Currently we are 'spamming' every contact for large subcontractors when we want to send it to a specific person.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We have made some changes to the list management tool including adding a feature that what we call ‘Contact Lists’, in addition to the ‘Company Lists’ functionality that already exists. Please have a look at the below knowledge base article to find out how to make the most of ‘Contact Lists’. Please get in touch if you have any questions about this feature. Cheers, Gilad.

http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/684032-creating-using-managing-lists

17. A user can quick filter the document matrix using SAYT

Allow a search-as-you-type (SAYT) quick filter in the document matrix; for documents, trades, or both. This would help with speed and checking of populating the document matrix.

Example: User types 'door' in the quick filter search, only rows (documents) with 'door' in the title are shown and only columns (trades) with 'door' are shown.

User would exit the quick filter (show entire matrix) by clicking an 'x' in the quick search field or by pressing ESC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now Available  ·  1 comment  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve the staged send-out process for builders

Sending out packages in stages can be a little cumbersome at the moment, in that a revision has to be manually created each time.

I suggest EstimateOne create a more streamlined process of issuing packages in stages (i.e. services first, structure a few days later, finishing trades a few days after that, etc) without having to go through the formal revision / addendum process.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Differentiate the subject line of construction phase RFQs from invitations to tender

The RFQ emails (for an awarded construction project in delivery phase) are too similar to the invitation to tender emails. Some subbies are telling us they are getting "lost amongst the noise" of the invitation to tender emails and they would have responded quicker if they realised it was a live project.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Delivery  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ensure that contact details are displayed in a consistent format throughout my Address Book.

All contact details should be displayed as follows:
    - All Australian phone numbers should use a "space" as a separator i.e (##) #### ####
    - All Australian mobile numbers should use a "space" as a separator i.e #### ### ###
    - The first letter in each word in a company's names should be capitalized

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. When we integrate your account originally, our Integration Team goes through the process of adjusting this information to show it in a clear and concise manner. However, after this is done it will be up to the individual company to maintain their data as they make changes moving forward.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base