Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

51 results found

1. Reduce font size of file names (when viewing pdf's online)

Sometimes it is impossible to look at files names when browsing online, as the font size is too large and I can not more than a few words of each file. This is a problem when keyword search brings up no results and I nned to look for the relevant file, as sometimes there are 30+ files that start with the same name (so they all look the same)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bill of quantity need to be included

All the documents should include the bill of quantity of all the materials, otherwise, subbies could not able to provide a detailed quotation for the particular project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New Tenderer notification

When watching a tender that I've already quoted, you notify us of a new tenderer with the Watchlist Update email advising that "Company X has published documents", rather than "Company X is now also tendering this project". It's very annoying, each time I ask myself "did I send my quote to that company already, or are they a new tenderer"?

PS. I realise Watchlist Update emails do again state "Company X is now also tendering this project". Is that the fix I want, is that conditional on something. I'm sure I've had recent instances of the issue I reported above.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, we won’t be progressing as many users feel the need for this distinction. A workaround I would recommend is to leave a note against the project on the watchlist to let yourself know which builders you have / haven’t quoted to yet.

4. Export the Tenders and Awarded Projects List

Allow to export a (filtered) Tenders list and Award Projects List to excel (.csv or .xlsx).
    Filters may include:
    - Builders name
    - Awarded date ranges
    - Project Start date ranges
    - Project Values
    - Tenders I've quoted
    25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

First up, thanks for the suggestion and the support from the community. We understand that having this data in Excel could be helpful. The challenge for our business is that this data is extremely valuable and we’ve had instances where others have got access to this data, so we need to be really careful in protecting it.

With that said, we’d like to understand more about why you want this in Excel? Perhaps if we helped by integrating this data securely with your CRM or other tool it would help?

Cheers,
    Gilad

5. Additional Awarded Work Information

I would like more information on the 'real status' of awarded projects.

Information I would like to know includes whether the project is; Under Negotiation, Re-pricing Post Tender, Awarded, Postponed & Under Construction.

Builders should be able to apply these to reflect the true stage their project is at.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Not Progressing  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

We are currently reviewing the best use cases for builders to mark projects at various stages of its lifecycle. This suggestion will form part of that review. Thanks for the feedback!

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter,
    Thanks for this, we understand and appreciate that your specific trade ‘Wallpaper’ isn’t available to select, this may be a little frustrating. At this stage we do not plan on adding further trades as the list would become long and unmanageable.

We suggest using the “Specifications” search to look for “wallpaper” or even specific brands that you carry which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.

We are continually improving the EstimateOne platform for suppliers such as yourself, so you may even like to switch your account type to a ‘supplier’ rather than a ‘subcontractor’ to get the most relevant product updates as we release them. Give us call on 1300 705 035 if this is something you’re interested in.

7. door schedule

With updates on door schedules don't need to know if they have changed a lock.
    All I have to know have they added doors or deleted doors
    and only on the timber doors not alu or metal gates.
    Cheers Al.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alastair,
    I can appreciate that when documents and schedules are superseded or revised it’s often not clear if it impacts your trade, including in your case whether specific doors have been deleted or added, or if it’s changes to door hardware.
    It’s a more complex problem dictated by the way documentation is written so we can’t see a way to solve this, did you have a solution for this in mind?

8. Task Date Option -

So you can set a date if you wish to follow up this particular project on a particular date.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Simone,
    This is not something we are going to go ahead with for now, but EstimateOne allows you to sync your quotes due/tender closing with a calendar of your choice that uses the iCal format. We recommend managing due dates within your calendar, in a way that works for you.

9. Include Lighting Project

You should also include in the filter Lighting projects, as it is a multi-million dollar industry, and currently everything is under electrical.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand and appreciate that your specific trade isn’t available to select and the frustration that creates. At this stage we do not plan to add further trades as the list would become long and difficult to navigate.
    We suggest you use “specification search” to look for “lighting”, or your particular brand or product, and EstimateOne will search all uploaded documents for you. Hope that helps, and happy searching.

10. Add a glass brick/glass block category as glazing and bricks/blocks don't specify this separate area

We get bombarded with tender invitations for glazing and masonry especially that has nothing to do with glass brick or glass block packages. To save us many hours of frustration, please add this separate category

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand and appreciate that your specific trade isn’t available to select, and the frustrations that come from that. At this stage we do not plan on adding further trades as the list would become long and unwieldy.
    We suggest you use “specification search” to look for “glass brick” or “glass block”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand and appreciate that your specific trade isn’t available to select, and the frustrations that creates. At this stage we do not plan on adding further trades as the list would become long and unwieldy.
    We suggest you use “Specification Search” to look for a specific term of product such as “glass brick” or “glass block”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.

12. Printing Notes

It would be great to be able to print out the notes recorded for all projects that have been quoted or shown interest in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, although this has been marked as not progressing we are always looking at ways to give you greater control and access to the data you have created.

13. Trades Section when Tendering for Piling

There are so many variations in the piling, so it would be more beneficial for subcontractors if it was broken down e.g. ***** piling, bored piers, timber piling, sheet piling, CFA piling in the Trades section. We are a small business and its very time consuming to go through the documents and then realise your unable to quote.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand and appreciate that your specific trade isn’t available to select and the frustration that creates. At this stage we do not plan to add further trades as the list would become long and difficult to navigate.
    We suggest you use “specification search” to look for “bored piers” or “sheet pile”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.
    Hope that helps, and happy searching.

14. additional trades

You already have surveying as a trade, could you add "Dilapidations Reports" as a separate trade and "Setting-Out" as a trade?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We suggest you use “specification search” to look for “dilapidation report” or “set-out”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.

15. Show all trades

You have a trade published for Commercial Furniture, but not Commercial Kitchen/Catering Equipment. Then when I look through the tender documents, I do indeed find a lot of Commercial Kitchen/Catering Equipment there. Can we please update the trades section ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand and appreciate that your specific trade isn’t available to select, and the frustrations that come with that. At this stage we do not plan on adding further trades as the list would become long and unwieldy.
    We suggest using the “Specification Search” to look for “commercial kitchen” or even “stainless steel”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.

16. Add a won or lost option for our tenders to the builders so we may see at a glance

After we have tendered for a project it would be nice to see if we had won the tender

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this stage we do not intend on adding new tender statuses for subcontractors and suppliers.

How you manage your tenders within EstimateOne will form part of a larger review moving forward, and this feedback will be considered as part of it. Keep your eyes peeled!

17. Add a setting that notifies Builders that I only price awarded projects

Ideally, I would like it to be able to be set-up so that builders know to only send us projects when they have been awarded, and not at tender stage. This would mean that we only deal with live awarded projects. Trust that makes sense.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caleb,
    We understand that your interest is primarily in pricing awarded projects, however we find that head contractors tend to be more loyal to subbies and suppliers who price for them at tender stage – this may be why they send you RFQs at tender stage.
    The industry is built on a network of trust, so at EstimateOne, we want to foster that from tender stage through to construction. Happy tendering!

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the need to see the unsuccessful bidders at a glance. However, if we display all the builders on the awarded tenders page, it becomes quite messy and not easy to just see who’s won a project.

To see who the other bidders were, click the project name to load the project details. This will list all the tenderers on the project.

19. Add a trade "Hoardings"

Can you please add the trade "Hoardings" to your list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We suggest you use “specification search” to look for “hoardings”, which will search all documents uploaded to EstimateOne for you.
    Hope that helps, and happy searching.

20. Introduce a ledger tab to the construction product

A ledger that reflects the running costs of project would be beneficial to subcontractors. This ledger would show the original contract value, variations, amounts credited to the head contractor and the adjusted contract value. I would suggest something similar to progressclaim.com.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier