Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

98 results found

1. Show icon or shade a different color if awaiting documents in current tender list

On the current tenders page it would be great if you could see which tenders were still waiting on documents so that you didn't have to click into it to double check.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Shelby Moon responded

Projects that have builders who have no documents are now flagged in the project list. 

Look out for the blue marker under the project name that says 'No docs' 

2. Not Interested = Not Quoting

If you label a project as 'Not Interested' then the quoting box in Invitations should change to 'Not Quoting' for the same project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Kevin Ryan responded

When you mark a project as ‘Not Interested’ in EstimateOne, we will now prompt you to mark any open invitations as ‘Not Quoting’. Thanks for the great suggestion, we hope it speeds things up for you!

3. Have a page listing 'Closed Tenders' as you do 'Current Tenders'.

Once I have exhausted 'Current' and 'Awarded' tenders, I'd like to be able to sift through a list of 'Closed' tenders before they're awarded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Tony Dymock responded

This was created with the new website layout. Any questions, please let us know!

4. Allow me to filter the Awarded Work based on the closing date.

I can filter to show projects within a set distance of an office I would like a similar ability to filter based on the date the project was awarded. This will allow me to filter out historical projects that may have been completed already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Hi David,
    This feature is available! You can find it in the ‘Filter’ table above the awarded tender noticeboard.
    Hope this helps, if you have any further questions please get in touch.

5. When adding projects to my Watchlist it would be great if I could add a reminder on my calendar to remind me when the tender is due

This would show when the quote is due on my Calendar and allow me to plan out my workload around the due date for the quote.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Calendar Sync has now been implemented and can be accessed via your Account Settings page. The link can be copied into your app of choice using the iCAL link.

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have supercharged the Builder Directory to give you this. You can now favourite builders by clicking the little star next to their name, then click “Favourites” up the top to only show your favourite builders.

This doesn’t yet carry over to the tender noticeboard, but we’ll see what we can do to make it even better :)

7. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

You will receive a notification via the “watchlist update email” when a project on your watchlist gets awarded.

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now launched the “My Team” tab for all users, so you will have visibility over all your teams invitations and requests.

We will be expanding the My Team tab with new functionality moving forward, so please feel free to provide feedback.

9. Builders Physical Address

When clicking on builders, only the name and email is shown. Please include a physical address to insert on a letter head

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been improved. Clicking on the builders name will now show the address, as long as it has been provided to us.

10. THE NBC ICON

More training for companies that are not sure what this button means. It seems that it is often associated with projects incorrectly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for your feedback, we have created a tooltip that highlights what the NBC icon means, and written an article in the EstimateOne Support section with further information. If you have any tips to improve this further, please let us know!

11. Allow me to see if a package requested by another User of my account is obsolete

My colleague has gone on annual leave, and whilst I am able to see the requests he has made that have been approved, I am unable to see if the documents were ever downloaded, or if the previously downloaded documents are current or obsolete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now added the “My Team” tab to all users. You will be able to see the status of your team members invites & requests.

We will be expanding on the My Team functionality so please let us know any new features you’d like to see.

12. Show how long ago a project was awarded when looking at "Awarded" projects in Search Results

Currently a green icon appears clearly stating that the project was awarded however it is unclear how recently this was awarded. Some of the projects I find were awarded up to 3 years ago which is unhelpful and hard to figure out when viewing the project details.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Search results for Awarded work throughout the website should now be accompanied with the awarded date to provide clarity, thanks for the feedback!

13. Don't show "Awarded" projects when I filter search results to view "Closed" Tenders

Most of the projects that appear when I search for closed tenders are already awarded. This is not something I need to see and if I did it is available to me in the "Awarded" results tab

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have now fixed this quirk. Awarded projects will no longer show under Closed, and vice versa.

14. Show more than 25 results when I do specification searches

It would be good if I could view more than 25 results so that I can see all the projects where a search term appears on the documents

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A reversal for you. We have currently expanded search results to 125 for suppliers, and subbies to 50. Over time we will work on uncapping the search results so you can filter and sort projects as you require.

15. When viewing Tenders "By Map" the map should be centred on the blue "Your Location" pin

Currently when I view tenders on a Map, I am initially shown tenders in Melbourne even though I am located in QLD. My tenders when viewed "by project" or "by builder" are filtered to show tenders in and around the Pimpama region. The map shows a pin for my location so it would be good if that was the first area I am shown when I open the map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve tweaked this so that when you view tenders by map, it will load over your office location by default. Thanks again for the suggestion, we hope it makes life that little bit simpler!

16. Highlight which packages contain all documents that my "specification search" keyword appears in.

Specification Searches are really good to find which projects have documents that mention the specific keywords I am intersted in. However it is not easy to find which packages contain these documents. It would be good if you could surface these packages rather than having to download a full set.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lifts

We spend a great deal of time downloading documents as there is often no indication for requirements for lifts etc. It would be extremely helpful and save us many hours per week if lifts/dumbwaiters/disability access was categorised (perhaps as "LIFTS") with indication of "Lifts required" or "No lifts required" A fairly selfish request perhaps but having to download & search documents is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Lift Services is a trade that builders can indicate as required for a project. When this occurs the tender name shows up in bold on the noticeboard and you will also notice “Lift Services” bolded in the project details under “Trades”.

Does this address your suggestion, or is there something else you are looking for?

18. Allow me to see projects I have been invited to within my EstimateOne account

In Bidcontender I can see my invitations I receive from Builders along with the projects I request to download. As we don't often actively seek out tenders and mostly receive invitations for the tenders we price, it would be good if we had a central list of projects we have been invited to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! You can now see the projects you have been invited to within your EstimateOne account under “Invitations & Requests”. Thanks again for the excellent suggestion, we hope it makes keeping track of projects you are invited to a lot easier!

Here is a link to the knowledge base article in case you have any questions: (http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/939759).

19. Allow subcontractors to select parts of documentation from a tender invite to avoid large download of full document package

Where a subcontractor is sent an invitation to tender with a link to access documentation, it is a one click download and does not provide the ability to select or deselect parts of the package. Some of the projects have very large attachments and can result in a very long download of a lot of documents that arent needed.

It would be great to be able to select only the portions we want, ie structural/civil/arch/electrical/mechanical/contractural etc

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! We’re pleased to let you know it is now possible to choose which of the documents within a package you would like to download. You just need to select the check box next to documents of interest from within the document previewer (on the left, next to the filename), then click the download button. Thanks again for the feedback, we hope it makes accessing relevant documents much quicker for you!

If you would like a bit more detail on how to do this, please check out the knowledge base article http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/945403-how-do-i-preview-documents

P.s. when viewing documents in the Previewer, please remember that a Document Transmittal will be issued to you for all documents in the package. As such, please make sure you review all documents carefully to ascertain whether they will affect your quote or not.

20. Put a date next to the project to show when the documents first became available.

If the date that the project was uploaded displayed next to the project it would be easier to know what projects are new and what are old.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Shelby Moon responded

This feature is available on EstimateOne and you can easily see when projects were uploaded - you can also sort your project lists by date of upload whether you'd like to see the oldest or newest projects first.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base