Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

98 results found

1. Allow subcontractors to select parts of documentation from a tender invite to avoid large download of full document package

Where a subcontractor is sent an invitation to tender with a link to access documentation, it is a one click download and does not provide the ability to select or deselect parts of the package. Some of the projects have very large attachments and can result in a very long download of a lot of documents that arent needed.

It would be great to be able to select only the portions we want, ie structural/civil/arch/electrical/mechanical/contractural etc

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Kevin Ryan responded

Great suggestion! We’re pleased to let you know it is now possible to choose which of the documents within a package you would like to download. You just need to select the check box next to documents of interest from within the document previewer (on the left, next to the filename), then click the download button. Thanks again for the feedback, we hope it makes accessing relevant documents much quicker for you!

If you would like a bit more detail on how to do this, please check out the knowledge base article http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/945403-how-do-i-preview-documents

P.s. when viewing documents in the Previewer, please remember that a Document Transmittal will be issued to you for all documents in the package. As such, please make sure you review all documents carefully to ascertain whether they will affect your quote or not.

2. Implement a Project ID Number

It is becoming increasingly difficult to search projects due to the increasing number of projects with similar names. A Project ID Number would significantly improve our ability to search for a specific project.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pleased to announce tenders now have an ID number for quick reference. You can also search for tenders using this ID number. Thanks again for the suggestion – keep them coming!

3. Add a "Quoted" or "Quote Sent" option for subcontractors to select in Invitations & Requests

Under invitations and requests, the tab with "response" that shows quoted etc. Once we have quoted not all builders will change it to "quoted". It would be helpful to have an option where we can change it to say " quote sent" so it's easier to filter through the tenders.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

HI Karen,
    This has been implemented and is available to use. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

4. Consider a project’s due date as the earliest due date set by any one of the tenderers.

Currently when sorting by “Due Date” on the noticeboard a project appears as closing on the latest date set by a tendering contractor. Changing this to the earliest date will prevent us from missing opportunities to quote for Builders as all tenderers will be open to receiving pricing. Sometimes I find tenders that are open for one Builder but have closed for all the other tenderers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Filters have now been added to the open and awarded tenders page, so you can now sort and filter in however many different ways you require.

Specifically regarding this query – projects will remain sorting by the latest close date by a builder. This is because one or two builders may be invited back to post-tender, and extend their deadline. If we sort by earliest builder, then these projects will disappear for other subbies.

Please let us know if there’s any further improvements you can think of, thank you for you suggestion.

5. Awarded Contracts viewable for Paid only Members

As soon as a contract is posted as awarded, builders are flooded with offers. This often results in the project going to those who DID NOT put in the work at tender time, or even provide an offer before due date. Very disappointing to see grubs abusing this service like this. Even worse to see builders supporting this practise.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew and supporters,
    Awarded projects and their documents (and builders) are only visible to upgraded, paid subbies and suppliers right now. Let me know if there’s something you had in mind further than this restriction, I’d be keen to understand your perspective.

6. Show how long ago a project was awarded when looking at "Awarded" projects in Search Results

Currently a green icon appears clearly stating that the project was awarded however it is unclear how recently this was awarded. Some of the projects I find were awarded up to 3 years ago which is unhelpful and hard to figure out when viewing the project details.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Search results for Awarded work throughout the website should now be accompanied with the awarded date to provide clarity, thanks for the feedback!

7. Show all projects on my Watchlist on the same page

As a Subcontractor there are a number of sites to monitor and maintain during the course of the day to stay abreast of all the work that we are chasing.

It would be great to be able to see ALL of the projects in one simple view, Open, Closed and Awarded Projects.

This just stops you forgetting about a project during the period of it being Closed and being Awarded.

If you are talking to another person regarding that project it is much easier to see all of the relevant information relating to that project in the one spot.

“Once…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to sort the watchlist by quotes due date

At the moment, the Watchlist is the only place I can see both tenders I have access to and tenders I have received outside of EstimateOne.

Unfortunately the functionality to sort this page by due date is missing, that would be helpful in managing workloads.

Though it would probably be handier if it was located within Invitations & Requests as that would give a central location to manage all quoting, requested/invited or selected.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Shelby Moon responded

This feature is available on EstimateOne

By clicking 'Quotes Due' in your watch list you can sort it by descending or ascending due date.

9. Allow us to search via Project Site Address.

As a supplier dealing with contractors and merchants we often get direct quote requests based on a site/street address not a project name and sometimes we are not even given a suburb. To then be able to find the project and offer quotes to everyone tendering becomes difficult and time consuming with the current search options.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! If you search for the address using quotation marks around the project site address, this will bring up the project. For example, type in “45 Street name” and hit enter.
    Happy searching!

10. Allow subcontractors to compile all tender invites together on the company account

Allow subbies to compile all tender invites together in one place - regardless of who the invite was sent to. Also having the ability to assign tender invites to an individual user will help the estimating manager oversee and organise work flow

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now Available  ·  Tony Dymock responded

This is now available under the “Team” tab, and the “Invites & Responses” tab. You’ll find filters on both pages that assist you in viewing your teams invites. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

11. I want to receive Watchlist updates for tenders I have added to the Watchlist only

Tenders added to the Watchlist by my colleagues are not relevant to me so updates are not necessary

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now manage your email notifications so that you are only notified of projects that you yourself added to the watchlist.

Head to your settings tab and change “Watchlist Update” projects dropdown to “Watched by me”

12. Allow me to filter by closing date for awarded projects that appear in specification search results.

Currently any project will appear so long as it mentions the keyword I have searched for.

I would like to be able to filter the results to show projects awarded within the last 18 months.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now filter and sort specification search results as you like. Any feedback, please let us know!

13. Highlight which packages contain all documents that my "specification search" keyword appears in.

Specification Searches are really good to find which projects have documents that mention the specific keywords I am intersted in. However it is not easy to find which packages contain these documents. It would be good if you could surface these packages rather than having to download a full set.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a tenders Watchlist view that can be sorted by closing date or "tender close countdown days"

Implement by adding "Earliest Closing Date / Countdown" column which you could then "high/low" sort as with other columns

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the new website design came the ability to sort the quotes due date within the watchlist. Any other suggestions, please post them up!

15. Share Projects

When viewing Project invitations or Projects on the Noticeboard, it would be good to have an option that allows me to share the project with other Users at my company. This will allow me to better communicate with members of my Estimating team.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To share projects within your team/company, simply add it to your Watchlist by marking the project as “Interested”. All users of a team share the same Watchlist.
    If you find that adding to your watchlist doesn’t allow your other team members to see the project, please check to make sure that you are both on the same team account. Sometimes people mistakingly create a new team instead of joining an existing one.
    If you’re not sure, get in touch with our support team, they’re always happy to help.

16. Easy return to specification search

When doing a spec search and then looking for documents, when you hit the back button it takes you back to the beginning not the place you left off. Please correct.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show more than 25 results when I do specification searches

It would be good if I could view more than 25 results so that I can see all the projects where a search term appears on the documents

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A reversal for you. We have currently expanded search results to 125 for suppliers, and subbies to 50. Over time we will work on uncapping the search results so you can filter and sort projects as you require.

18. Allow me to see projects I have been invited to within my EstimateOne account

In Bidcontender I can see my invitations I receive from Builders along with the projects I request to download. As we don't often actively seek out tenders and mostly receive invitations for the tenders we price, it would be good if we had a central list of projects we have been invited to.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! You can now see the projects you have been invited to within your EstimateOne account under “Invitations & Requests”. Thanks again for the excellent suggestion, we hope it makes keeping track of projects you are invited to a lot easier!

Here is a link to the knowledge base article in case you have any questions: (http://support.estimateone.com/knowledgebase/articles/939759).

19. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search for Projects by Location

I would like to be able to search for open and awarded projects in a particular suburb.

I would also like the ability to search within a specified proximity of that Suburb.
    For example, I would like to see all Projects in Melbourne's CBD (projects in postcode 3000) OR within 10km of Brisbane's CBD (anything within 10km of postcode 4000).

This will assist in finding the projects in the areas that I want to work.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available! We have filters that allow you to hone in various locations and a radius surrounding. Thank you for making this suggestion, happy searching.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base