Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

44 results found

1. Include the Date and Creator of a Note when exporting Notes to Excel.

At the moment we are having to manually input this information. As a number of our staff could be adding notes to a particular project at various times, it would be helpful to automatically include it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We can definitely understand why date/creator information would be important. We are happy to take this onboard as a consideration for future improvements.

2. If a subbie has closed business- allow an inactive button, which allows you to see their previous involvement without deleting them.

If a sub-contractor has stopped tendering, an inactive button will allow you to see what they've priced without deleting them permanently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valentina,
    Really good idea! We are committed to improving the functionality of the Address Book and we will continue to investigate and work out the best ways to do it. This is something we will definitely dive deeper into. For the moment as a work around, I would recommend you remove their email address’ (preventing them from displaying at the invitation step), or adding them to an insolvent / out of business list as a way of keeping on top of them.

3. Deleting Contacts in the Address Book

As a Head Contractor, our address book has evolved over the last decade to have in excess of 3,500 subcontractors and suppliers. It is hard to manage this database and keep it updated. To start, I was trying to delete contacts that were redundant, and was thinking that there may be a need to organize/delete contacts a faster way than what is currently the process.

Also is there a way to organize the contacts of when their last point of contact was.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this comment Jono, we’re currently reviewing the address book function to help you manage your contacts and eliminate redundant contact details, stay tuned.

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, definitely something for us to consider. As we continue to improve the documentation management, we will keep this in mind.

5. Display the head estimator's mobile number in the tender invitation letter

On every "Invitation to Tender" email sent out to subcontractors, the name of the builder's company, name of the head estimator & head estimator's email details are displayed.

The mobile number of the head estimator should also be displayed here to encourage subcontractors to call the estimating team directly should they encounter any problems during the tender stage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    We currently surface the company office number to maintain confidentiality of private information. We do understand that every company has unique requirements, so we may consider adding an option to include a mobile number to tender invitation.
    For the time being, we recommend utilising the project description section to share alternate contact number/s. Happy tendering!

6. allow Builders to include "terms and conditions" of tender that Subcontractors must agree before they can access documents

For sensitive projects such as defence or government works we often require Subcontractors to agree to some conditions of the tender. This is usually a document the Subcontractor signs and returns to us. It would be good if we could enter the conditions of tender straight into EstimateOne and have Subcontractors agree to these conditions (by ticking a box) before they can access documentation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion! It definitely makes sense, it’s something we will look into.
    If it helps, the best way to do this at the moment would be inviting your subbies to a seperate tender and issuing them the required contract. When they sign and return, you can create a new tender issuing the documentation to the compliant subcontractors.

7. Response & Quote Rate calculation

When inviting multiple contacts at a company to a package and only one person responds or says they're quoting, should we mark off all contacts in that company with the same response? Doing this impacts the response and quote rates, so perhaps the quote and/or response rate calculation should be based on the company/package level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate this would be impacting your response rates. We will keep this in mind for a method of improving invitation management. Until then, we would recommend you continue to mark off the individual contact as quoting and revoking the invitations of the contacts who are not quoting.

8. Notify uploader via email when errors uploading documents

When uploading documents, it would be helpful to be notified via email if the upload has errors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, we appreciate it’s important to know if something went wrong in your document upload. We’re happy to take it onboard as a consideration for future improvements.

9. Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that we are considering.

At this time we need to conduct more research with Subcontractors and whether they consider this idea to be of value. We already send a lot of correspondence to Subcontractors through email and need to understand whether they would be willing to receive SMS notifications in the future.

10. Allow me to Export a "Document Register" that shows all of the documents added to a Subcontractors pacakage

When signing up a Subcontractor to a project I am required to generate a register of every document that they were sent and when it was made available to them. This is then included as part of their contract.

This register should include all documents the Subcontractor was sent throughout the tender period along with when each document was updated.

When I export the Document Register it shows all documents added to the project and when they were added but this is not specific to the package the Subcontractor was sent.

"Transmittals" sent to the Subcontractor do not give us…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. A subcontractor focused Document Register is something we have heard from a couple of different builders over time. It is definitely worth investigating further, and we will keep it in mind as we look to make further improvements to documentation management on EstimateOne.

11. Allow Builders to store both a Mobile and Direct Line for contacts in my Address Book

It would be handy if we could store both of these details about a contact so that I can always make contact with them.

Currently we are only able to store a mobile or a direct line in addition to the company phone number. I am asking for the ability to store a direct line and a mobile number for a contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Neil,
    Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll take this into consideration as we look at ways to improve the Address Book.
    A good way to work around this at the moment is to add the same contact again with an alternative number.

12. Suggest the completed addresses for companies in my Address Book as I type them.

This functionality currently exists when entering the address of a project on EstimateOne. It would be good if I could also have an Address suggested to me as I am creating and updating the Addresses on file for Subcontractors in my Address Book.

The same as when I add a new project, if there is no suitable suggested address we could then fall back to adding the address manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Chad. We are looking into whether this is possible in all areas of the app. We know that this would be of great help to speed up and streamline the app, but may take some time due to some technical implications of using the auto-suggest feature across the board. We are committed to improving this throughout the app, but currently aren’t able to have the auto suggest feature, hopefully we can soon!

13. Ability to add addendum notes to subbies invited after addendums published

When inviting new subcontractors after addendums have been published, enable the invitation to include notes sent on addendum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this would be very useful for both yourself and the Subcontractors, and that these Addendum notes are not currently available in the invitation.

14. Provide ability to filter Builders "Recently Awarded"

Add the ability for builders to search the Recently Awarded information by category eg, Retail. Filtering through this information without search functions is very time-consuming. We are using this information regularly, and will often find out here who has been awarded a project we tendered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. It is great to learn how users would like to use this information and hear that the Recently Awarded information is of value to you.
    We’ll be looking into your suggestion and any other ways we could improve this part of EstimateOne.

15. show current tenders by State also not just KM's from my location

I'd like to be able to view current tenders by state , not just KM's , as Qld is so large , when I want to view tenders in Far north QLD I end up seeing tenders in NSW and VIC when I just want to see QLD only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into surfacing more project-specific information at the All Tenders section of your account. We will take filtering by state into consideration.

16. Display number of invites for each package on packages page

It would be useful to have a column on the Packages page, which shows the number of invites issued against each package. This would be helpful when going back through packages to identify any gaps in coverage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We are investigating ways we can improve documentation management and this is seems a logical improvement.

17. when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We really try and limit the number of automated responses we issue your subcontractors so as they do not get overladed. However, there could be a way of us helping you manage this better.

18. Add a Response Filter for the Invitations and Responses page that shows anyone who could potentially submit a quotation for a project

On the Invites & Responses page it would be great if we could filter all subcontractors on the list to show those who are either yet to download documents, quoting or have documents. This would display only contacts that are still interested in receiving project correspondence and hide any subcontractor who are NOT QUOTING from appearing on this list.

This would give a good indication of the trade coverage you have on a tender as it allows you to view how many Subbies are quoting or at least still considering whether they will quote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you for your feedback John. We can definitely see value in using multiple filters to show or hide particular responses. We are looking into ways of improving how the responses can be better managed.

19. scrolling

I am sick of scrolling
    PLEASE add a 'back to top' button
    or
    freeze pane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to submit the suggestion – we appreciate all the ideas, big and small. We’ll look into how we could improve your in app experience to avoid scrolling.

20. Action column on invites and responses page

The notes field is great, but if you have to action something, i.e. call back on a specific date or time, send a Bill of Quantities when available, arrange meeting etc we curently have to add these items to our outlook calendar, as you don't go through all the notes every day to look for things to do.

If there was an action column displayed to the right hand side of the status column we could see at a glance any actionable items.

I think it would require an editable field as actions will vary greatly but a completed option…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve tried to keep the invites and responses page as simple as possible for you to keep of track of what is happening in the project at a glance. We agree that it would be great to be able to manage your workflow for the project in greater depth in the EstimateOne account, and we’ll be looking into how we can improve the invites and reponse page in the future.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base