Skip to content

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier

Welcome to the Subcontractor and Supplier Feedback Forum. We encourage all EstimateOne members to post suggestions and ideas for improvement. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements you want to see.

80 results found

1. List subcontractors that are pricing tenders and list subcontractors that have been awarded work

It would be most helpful if I could track which subcontractors do work for particular builders, therefore when a contract is awarded I can go to those subcontractors and offer them a price.
    Additionally when a project is at tender a list of which subcontractors are quoting would also be helpful

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gillian,

Thanks for this feedback, much appreciated. We can see how it would be useful information for you. We’ve got this in our pipeline, we’ll be working away to get this available for you soon!

2. Provide contact details of the CA once the project has been awarded

Would be great if the CA's details were provided so you don't have to go through the estimator once the project has been handed over to Management team.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Eman,
    We understand that being able to contact the delivery team once a project has been awarded is important. We are currently reviewing the best way to share this kind of information in a timely fashion. Thank you for your suggestion!

3. It would be great if we could get a short blurb on what the project is.

For instance 5 storey apartment or 6 townhouses or Bridge construction or whatever. This will enable us to filter out the projects we are not interested in very quickly.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the value this would have to you. We give builders the option to provide a short blurb, though they may not be inputting this at tender stage themselves. We will review your feedback and see if we can find a way to do this. Thank you!

4. Company profile

It would be great to enter our company profile. This would make it easier for potential business partners to understand our core services and competences.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea, this is something we’ve been thinking about too. If you’d be interested in helping, we might be in touch over the coming months to have a chat with you about how you’d see this working.

5. Allocate names against projects to see who is looking after the project

When you have multiple people under the one company name working within estimate one, would be good to allocate names to particular projects on the invitation & watchlist screens.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We are looking into how to give teams greater control over their watchlist and invitations, including allocating them to users within company accounts.

6. Allow me to quickly send EOI's to Builders with a click or 2

BCI recently came out with the following feature: "You can now send Expressions of Interest to active Builders on projects you're interested in with just two clicks. Save yourself the time and effort of sending EOI's to each individual Builder via email and simply select the Builders you'd like to send to on TenderManager and submit your EOI with ease."

Although I can express Interest by downloading docs on E1, that only goes across to the builder whose docs I am accessing. it would save a lot of time if I could then send an EOI to the other builders…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, we are currently investigating the best way to enable subcontractors to submit an Expression of Interest to all active builders while not promoting a culture of spamming.

7. Make it easier to Keep track of tenders to submit

At present I have no way other than the watch tick which is very vague to keep track of tenders to quote. The system needs to allow me to look at a tender decide if I am going to quote or not. Once I decide to quote it will only keep those ones in my folder, like bidcontender. Your system may be great for the Ones listing tenders but it is not very good for those who wish to tender. To be honest using it is driving me crazy!!!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transparency

While you can see all builders that are tendering you should also see contractors that are tendering as if their are many going for the job tendering process then you have a idea on if you spend your time to tender the job or let it go as theirs to many others going for it ect

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you everyone for the comments and feedback here, we completely understand the value that integration would provide. It’s something we’d love to do, but will take some time to figure out the best approach, it appears there are a lot of different tools people want to integrate with! Thank you for the suggestions, they are certainly taken on board by the team here.

10. 24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include the address & description of the project in the 'Invitation to Tender' email

Currently, Subbies only see the job name and closing date in the invitation email.

The Project Description is available on the Document Download page, but it should also be included in the invitation email.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We certainly agree that providing Subcontractors with more information about a project will better inform their decision to submit a price for the tender. When seeking to implement suggestions like this we will always try to to keep the experience as simple as possible and want to ensure we aren’t overloading the Subcontractors with information. We’ll put this in the mix with all the other ideas, thank you!

12. Search Surburb category removed - please bring back.

Regarding your recent website update - I strongly do not like that the Suburb category has been removed. Please consider a reinstall.

I search for jobs by Suburb to find out all builders tendering, as projects are often listed by 2 or 3 different names and it helps to identify duplicated projects and all of the tenderers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pam, thanks again for your feedback and time. As discussed, I’ve flagged this with our product manager. We are currently working on a fix for this! ! Kind regards, Morgan.

13. Allow me to save Specification Search words to my account

I currently have the different groups of keywords and phrases we search for saved to a word document. I then copy and paste them into the Spec Search bar in my account each time. It would be a time saver to have these saved somewhere within my account, rather than having to go back and forth.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Tony Dymock responded

Reversing the previous decision on this. We are currently investigating the best way to save spec search keywords moving forward. Expect more information on this in the next few months!

14. Have an email alert sent out when specific builders you choose have new Tenders available

Have an email alert sent out when specific builders you choose have new Tenders available

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nick,
    This is a great idea, we can certainly see value in being able to follow your favourite builders. Thank yo for the suggestion, we’ll look into how we could do this.

15. Show me if I have already accessed a package when I select to download a package from a Builder

When I select a package I have downloaded previously it gives me the option to download or request.

Previously EstimateOne used to tell you whether you had already looked at the package. This is helpful as it would allow me to quickly tell when viewing a New Tender if I have already downloaded it from the Builder and in turn will save me from downloading it again

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking time out to post this feedback. We appreciate this would help save you time, we’ll take this into consideration as part of the ongoing improvements to the platform.

16. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Shelby Moon responded

Hi everyone.

We have recently begun our roll-out of what is the beginnings of our profile system. First this is coming to subcontractors and will be expanded on to include a lot of different options for displaying information about your business and having these profiles be visible to builders.

If you have a subcontractor account you can navigate to your profile by clicking your name in the top right corner of the EstimateOne screen when logged in.

Take some time and fill out the fields present. We'll also be sending out emails as more features roll-out, so watch this space!

17. Designate Projects which are D&C or specified.

I am thinking for Mechanical Services but it may apply to other services.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion. We understand how knowing if a project is D&C or specified will assist in finding relevant tenders.

18. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. once place not quoting cancel all further emails and notification

when i place not quoting or tendering on a project i dont want further emails and notification and i dont need to have further email for me to cancel subscription to the project. too many step to go through to cancel a invitation to a tender

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add provision for raising RFIs to Builder. Request for additional documents could also be included.

Add provision for raising RFIs to Builder. Request for additional documents could also be included.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Subcontractor or Supplier