Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback.

We can understand why being able to see when a subcontractor was added is important information to have. We will definitely consider your suggestion as we look to improve subcontractor management on EstimateOne.

2. When inviting Subbies to tender allow me to see when an Address Book entry was last updated

This will give me an idea of how current the Subbies' contact information is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Great suggestion, we will be looking into how we can improve the information in the Address book and bring useful information like this to the forefront of the app. We understand that this would be useful for keeping the whole team up to date.

3. Enable me to create a note when issuing an RFQ and have this note sent to the Subcontractor

I would also like to have the ability to add a note to the email sent to Subbies when you issue a revision affecting the package sent as part of their RFQ

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a status for projects that I am requiring pricing on and awarded.

We do a lot of Cost Plus work and would like to show potential Subcontractors that our projects are both Awarded and that we are still looking for tender prices.

Subbies are more likely to want to work on these projects as there will be no other Builders to deal with.

Some Subbies who cannot see awarded work may not be able to see these projects.

We also are a Builder/Developer so we build all of the work we tender. These projects would fall in a similar category but are not done on a 'cost plus' contract.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback, we appreciate that different kinds of projects follow different processes. The best way to manage these Cost Plus projects is by listing them as Awarded as you are doing. We’ll take into consideration the option of introducing a Cost Plus category for instances like this so subbies are be able to view these kinds of tenders with a free account.

5. show current tenders by State also not just KM's from my location

I'd like to be able to view current tenders by state , not just KM's , as Qld is so large , when I want to view tenders in Far north QLD I end up seeing tenders in NSW and VIC when I just want to see QLD only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into surfacing more project-specific information at the All Tenders section of your account. We will take filtering by state into consideration.

6. Allow me to Export a "Document Register" that shows all of the documents added to a Subcontractors pacakage

When signing up a Subcontractor to a project I am required to generate a register of every document that they were sent and when it was made available to them. This is then included as part of their contract.

This register should include all documents the Subcontractor was sent throughout the tender period along with when each document was updated.

When I export the Document Register it shows all documents added to the project and when they were added but this is not specific to the package the Subcontractor was sent.

"Transmittals" sent to the Subcontractor do not give us…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. A subcontractor focused Document Register is something we have heard from a couple of different builders over time. It is definitely worth investigating further, and we will keep it in mind as we look to make further improvements to documentation management on EstimateOne.

7. Deleting Contacts in the Address Book

As a Head Contractor, our address book has evolved over the last decade to have in excess of 3,500 subcontractors and suppliers. It is hard to manage this database and keep it updated. To start, I was trying to delete contacts that were redundant, and was thinking that there may be a need to organize/delete contacts a faster way than what is currently the process.

Also is there a way to organize the contacts of when their last point of contact was.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this comment Jono, we’re currently reviewing the address book function to help you manage your contacts and eliminate redundant contact details, stay tuned.

8. Add an Undecided status that can be assigned to Subcontractors on my Invites & Responses

This would allow me to record if a Subcontractor is yet to confirm whether or not they intend on quoting on a project. This will then allow me to focus on contacting Subbies who are yet to confirm if they are pricing as a priority.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We’re looking at ways to improve the response management on the Invitations and Responses page and will consider this when making changes.

9. Display number of invites for each package on packages page

It would be useful to have a column on the Packages page, which shows the number of invites issued against each package. This would be helpful when going back through packages to identify any gaps in coverage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We are investigating ways we can improve documentation management and this is seems a logical improvement.

10. Allow me to export a Subcontractors Transmittal in Excel format

This would be great as it would be in a format that is consistent with the "Document Register" I export from the documents page. This would also mean I do not have to show the Subbies 2 very different transmittals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the benefit in this and will consider implementing the ability to export Document Register on a subcontractor level.

11. Display a contacts position when they appear on the Invite Single tool

Is it possible to show a contacts position (i.e Estimator) when selecting which contact at the chosen company you are going to invite. This will allow us to quickly determine who is the estimator or contact that is best place to receive out tender invitation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback, we can definitely see why this would be useful information to be displayed when using the Invite Single tool.

12. Add a 'Hotel' category to the list of Project Categories

The Hotel Classification is mainly needed for clarity’s sake. The ‘Other’ option is very broad; it could be railway crossing or a yellow submarine, and the ‘Hotel’ or even ‘Hospitality’ classification is the only noticeable classification that is missing from the dropdown list. A 'Hotel' category can suggest a higher density of shared facilities (pools, spas, gyms, commercial kitchen equipment, etc.), indications of quality and the repetitiveness of particular trades in which some subcontractors find is their bread and butter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. We based these categories on market research at the time we created them. We’ll definitely be looking into whether these categories are still relevant and up to date with the industry, and see if we need to add any other new categories as you suggested. Thanks again.

13. Add the the option to select project values in between $100M - $1B at $100M intervals (ie $200m-$300m, $300m-$400m etc.)

We have recently tendered a project with a value near to $800M, conversely we are currently pricing a Hotel forecasted under $100M.

Whilst the difference between say $200M and $400M is negligible to most subcontractors, the difference between a $200M and $800M job is significant.

In our experience a lot of subcontractors are unable to price large projects due to the scale and financial impacts. The issue we have found is that in EstimateOne there is no way to quickly distinguish a ‘Big’ job from a ‘Huge’ job.

Adding these intervals essentially serves the same purpose as providing the intervals…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the significance of categorising your tender within a accurate budget range. We will look at adjusting our budget brackets to cater for tendered projects.

14. change the view of the active and recent tenders to show the builder’s due date not only the subbies due date

We usually want to see the builder’s due date as that is what we use to know when we need to submit the tender.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We understand that this would help you manage your workflow and keep track of your projects in EstimateOne.

15. Pevent Subcontractors from being able to access documents after their RFQ has been marked as "Lost"

Subcontractors who are marked as "Lost" still have access to the package they were sent. Whilst you can prevent this from happening by "Revoking" the invitation, this could be simplified in a single step. Also the Subcontractor has already been marked as "Lost" and will no longer appear in the table once their invitation is revoked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This is a great suggestion, we will look into how RFQs are managed once a contract has been awarded.

16. Allow Builders to issue multiple RFQ's at once

It would be good when issuing RFQ's for Construction Stage projects if I could issue multiple RFQ's at once. This is a really powerful feature available at tender and it would be good to have added to Construction Mode.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We can understand that issuing multiple RFQ’s would save a lot of time. We will look at ways to improve this experience.

17. Add a "Preferred" field as an option when I 'Update My Closed Projects'

With regard to your website on the page where it shows the status of our projects and it has buttons for “pending” “awarded” “lost” & “withdrawn” have you guys thought about having a “preferred” button?

This will allow us to keep Subbies updated when we haven't won a project but aren't out of the running completely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion, it’s always great to come across ideas that might benefit both subbies and builders.

18. scrolling

I am sick of scrolling
    PLEASE add a 'back to top' button
    or
    freeze pane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to submit the suggestion – we appreciate all the ideas, big and small. We’ll look into how we could improve your in app experience to avoid scrolling.

19. Prompt to add packages for newly selected trades when editing the matrix after trades have been added.

After the document matrix is done, I have to refresh in the matrix after editing the trades. It will be great if the matrix can refresh automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Response Filter for the Invitations and Responses page that shows anyone who could potentially submit a quotation for a project

On the Invites & Responses page it would be great if we could filter all subcontractors on the list to show those who are either yet to download documents, quoting or have documents. This would display only contacts that are still interested in receiving project correspondence and hide any subcontractor who are NOT QUOTING from appearing on this list.

This would give a good indication of the trade coverage you have on a tender as it allows you to view how many Subbies are quoting or at least still considering whether they will quote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you for your feedback John. We can definitely see value in using multiple filters to show or hide particular responses. We are looking into ways of improving how the responses can be better managed.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base