Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Alert me of a potential duplicate when adding companies and contacts to my Address Book

Could you please prompt me when I am adding a company or a contact to my address book if they are the same or similar to an existing entry?

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thanks, this is an item that we will be working on in the coming weeks, keep an eye out for this improvement.

2. Allow Builders to find Subbies who use EstimateOne instead of just the Subbies in our Address Book

It would be great if we could choose to invite Subcontractors who are EstimateOne members instead of the Subbies on our Address Book

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notify when subcontractors have downloaded tender docs from another builder for the same project you are tendering.

If subcontractors download documents for a project you are tendering from another builder they will often not respond to your invitation. This means we will have no idea if they are intending to quote, without contacting them directly. A new function that lets you know if a subbie has downloaded docs from another builder for same project would be really beneficial to know who is and isn't quoting.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Editing the "Invitation to Tender" Email

Head Contractors should have the ability to edit the contents of the Invitation to Tender email.

Notes on how we want prices to broken out or general information needed by each trade can be entered this way.

Currently, this can only be achieved by sending a correspondence immediately after issuing the tender package, or including a pre-made .pdf file into the trade package that contains this extra information.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    Thank you for this suggestion, we are looking into the ability to customise your invitation emails to give you more control. Stay tuned!

5. Allow me to add a reason I have declined a Document Request

Any chance that when we decline a request for access to documentation we can give one of the following reasons?

• Product/services not required on project
    • Client selected shortlist
    • Alternatives not allowed to this project

Typically I get Subbies asking why we have not allowed them access, creating a discussion two or three emails long. This could be prevented up front if we could explain why the document request was actually declined.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, Thanks for adding this idea. We understand that improving the language in the rejection emails could strengthen your relationships with Subcontractors.

6. Allow Builders to issue multiple RFQ's at once

It would be good when issuing RFQ's for Construction Stage projects if I could issue multiple RFQ's at once. This is a really powerful feature available at tender and it would be good to have added to Construction Mode.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We can understand that issuing multiple RFQ’s would save a lot of time. We will look at ways to improve this experience.

7. Reminder to Call

It would be a good if there was a 'Reminder to Call' tag for sub-contractors on the Invitations page. This would allow estimators to tag important sub-contractors to call at a later date.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this great suggestion! We know that builders refer to our Invites & Responses often while managing their tender. We also understand that builders leave notes against subbies as a reminder to call them back. So it makes a lot of sense for builders to be able to tag subbies with a reminder to call.
    Something we will look into further, thank you for getting in touch.

8. Multiple 'closing' dates different for various trades

When a project is live, we would like the ability to progressively call on tenders with various different closing dates. Currently there is only one closing date available. Option to select different closing dates for different trades would be great.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be considering this idea later in the year. For the time being you can issue packages in stages and update the closing date before each stage.

9. Subcontractor Tender List in Draft

Other platforms allow the subcontractor tender list to be selected and saved in draft. This allows the estimator to prepare the tender list for review by the wider team prior to issuing packages.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Subcontractor Quote Percentage

It would be good if Builders could get an understanding of our Subbie's response and quotation rates when inviting Subbies to tender.

A list of past tenders is available in the address book, but it would be good if this information was visible as a simple statistic that we can show and hide as a column in the Invite Multiple contacts table.

The information that would be good to see would be the
    - Quotation response rate for each Subbie
    - Percentage of tenders each Subbie has not quoted
    - Percentage of tenders each Subbie has not responded to at…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

We are currently designing a way to surface insights on your subcontractors to help you invite the right people to the right jobs.

11. Show how many quotes received from the subcontractor when inviting

When selecting subcontractor to invite to quote, we can only see their response rate, but not the quote number we received from them.

Can you make it shows how many quotes received from that subcontractor as well?

We can make it display "0 (100%)" for 0 quote and 100% response rate (who selected NQ) instead of just showing "100%". Or "1, 0, 100%" for 1 invitation, 0 quote, 100% respond rate.

Therefore it's much clearer for builders to decide who to choose between "1, 0, 100%" (bad) and "50, 40, 80%" (good).

Currently, we can only see "100%" (good) and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Subcontract Lists available to the Builder

It would be good as a builder to be able to access the subcontractor database (contact details) to assist in issuing tender packages for job that have been awarded to the builder.

This would allow a wider range of unknown subcontractors to be able to be contacted by the builder to tender won work and establish new relationships

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We are currently investigating how we can better connect Builders with Subcontractors at tender time. Once we have a better idea of how we might deliver this functionality we will be in touch to discuss it with you. Cheers, Gilad.

13. Add the ability to add the address when adding new contacts to tender

The ability to add the autodetect address when adding subbies to contact list via "Add Contact to Tender" from the "Invites & Responses" window.
    Without this feature we will need to go back to the address book to add the address for every subbie that is added to tender.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow head contractor to edit awarded notification message

Recently when changing a tender to awarded it gives you the option to notify 'Invited subbies and suppliers' however the subs receiving this notification are getting the impression they have been awarded the contract due to the unclear message in the current notification.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show recent activity to suggest inactivity with a subcontractor

To implement an 'Online yesterday' or 'Online 95 days ago' to signify inactivity so we are able to archive and clean out our databases confidently without second guessing their activity.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tender Responses "Revised" and "Rates" Option

For the Tenders and Responses Page it would be good to be able to update a subcontractors status from "Quoted" to "Revised" for when they send in an updated quote.

Additionally it would be good to have to option to mark a subcontractor as having submitted and be marked of as "rates" for when they just send a generic list of rates as this isnt technically a "quote"

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Collapse All Option in Documents Section

Hi Estimate One,

I am looking to suggest a potential option to add a button in the documents section which will allow me to collapse/condense all the documents under my headings. Particularly for larger projects with lots of documents and revisions this would be really helpful instead of having to scroll through a large web page and clicking each heading to condense the documents.

Thanks for your help.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nikolay,
    Thanks you for this feedback, we understand how this would make using the platform much easier to use. We’ll look into how we can address this for you.

18. Change the layout of the tender received by our sub-contractors

Can you please change the layout of the tender invitation to sub-contractors and make it more personal because a lot of our sub-contractors thinking that this is a spam and not looking at this email and not downloading/ pricing the jobs.

It looks more like an advertisement then a tender invitation. Can you please allow me to add my signature at the end of tender invitations, remove the banner with our logo at the top of the emai and instead format the email as presented below.

"Hi Subcontractor,

I would like to invite you to tender on the ##### package…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow me to import a spreadsheet of contacts directly into EstimateOne in bulk rather than having to add individual entries for each contact

I recently had to add 50 contacts to my Address Book. Getting EstimateOne to do this take a lot of time, additionally individually adding each company (and the associated contacts) would have taken a number of hours. It would be good if there was a way that I could add these contacts in bulk independently of the EstimateOne integration team.

Ideally there would be a way I could upload a spreadsheet of contacts and have these contact / companies integrated into my account.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, it’s great insight for us. We’ll be working on ways to improve Address Book management over the coming months.

20. I want to search my Address Book by a phone number

If I miss a call from a number not saved in my phone it would be good if I could search for that number in EstimateOne to find out who they are before I call them back.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. We always welcome and appreciate feedback from customers on what we could improve.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base