Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Allow Builders to view the tender panel on closed projects

Currently on the "All Tenders" page we can view open and awarded tenders. It would be good if we could also see which Builders were tendering on closed projects in particular the ones we have tendered for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. This would require more investigating from the market in order to make sure we can implement a solution that caters for everyone’s needs.

2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, definitely something for us to consider. As we continue to improve the documentation management, we will keep this in mind.

3. Action column on invites and responses page

The notes field is great, but if you have to action something, i.e. call back on a specific date or time, send a Bill of Quantities when available, arrange meeting etc we curently have to add these items to our outlook calendar, as you don't go through all the notes every day to look for things to do.

If there was an action column displayed to the right hand side of the status column we could see at a glance any actionable items.

I think it would require an editable field as actions will vary greatly but a completed option…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve tried to keep the invites and responses page as simple as possible for you to keep of track of what is happening in the project at a glance. We agree that it would be great to be able to manage your workflow for the project in greater depth in the EstimateOne account, and we’ll be looking into how we can improve the invites and reponse page in the future.

4. when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We really try and limit the number of automated responses we issue your subcontractors so as they do not get overladed. However, there could be a way of us helping you manage this better.

5. Allow me to add companies to the displayed trade when I am searching my Address Book and have filtered to show only a single trade

When I have filtered to show companies assigned to a single trade (i.e Fire Services) in my Address Book. It would be good if I could then add a company to that trade when I press the "Add New Company" button.

Often I am searching for a company within a given trade in my Address Book and I cannot see them. I will then go to add the company, however will have to reselect the trade that I want to add that company to.

It would be good if when I have filtered to show contacts within a specific trade…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, we’ll be considering this as we continue to make improvements to the Address Book in the coming months.

6. Add a way to search the Address Book to show Subbies in or near to a specific location

I just wanted to know if is possible to go to the "Address Book" tab and have an option for putting a job address in in the search section to locate local subcontractors close to that area from our subcontractors list.

As this option is not available it would be great to have this as it will help me find all my local sub-contractors for each job sites that I want.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and somehting for us to consider as we continue to make improvements to the Address Book in the coming months

7. Display a date stamp when viewing notes on the Invitations & Responses page.

It would be super useful to show a date & time on the Invites & Responses page when "display most recent note" is selected. This would allow us to easily see WHEN the last note was written.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Builders to generate reports based on subcontractor's responses to previous tender.

I would like to be able to view the 100 Subbies who have been sent the most unactioned tenders

I would like to see the 20 Subbies who have the lowest quotation rate

etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

We’re currently working on surfacing subbie insights like this to gelp you at the invitation step. Keep an eye out in your account.

9. Allow me to update the tender responses for multiple Subcontractors at once

I want to update multiple Subbies to "Quoting" in a single step to save me time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the layout of the tender received by our sub-contractors

Can you please change the layout of the tender invitation to sub-contractors and make it more personal because a lot of our sub-contractors thinking that this is a spam and not looking at this email and not downloading/ pricing the jobs.

It looks more like an advertisement then a tender invitation. Can you please allow me to add my signature at the end of tender invitations, remove the banner with our logo at the top of the emai and instead format the email as presented below.

"Hi Subcontractor,

I would like to invite you to tender on the ##### package…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show the "Document Title" for files on the Document Matrix when I update this information

I have added "Document Titles" for all of the documents uploaded for a newly added tender. When I view these files on the Document Matrix I am not able to see the "Drawing Title" in the table.

The information in the "Document Title" is useful to me as it allows me to quickly add a document to package i.e the "WALL TYPE SCHEDULE" I know needs to go to all of my partitions subcontractors but instead I am shown this file on the matrix as simply "A005(B)_35-0207.pdf".

It would be great if the file name could be shown, but once…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to provide this feedback. It’s always helpful to hear about different ways Users would like to use the system or access information.

12. support the managing Expressions of Interest from Subcontractors prior to issuing tender invitations

Currently if you want to collect EOI's for a tender prior to issuing invitations to Subcontractors you need to create an EOI package and invite all Subcontractors to that package and then if they complete the EOI invite them to a second package. This process isn't ideal and leads to inaccurate response rates. The language in the correspondence the Subbies receive is also unclear as it refers to "Invitation to Quote on the Expression of Interest package".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export all of the notes left about a Subcontractor when exporting the Invites and Responses to PDF

When we sit down to review the tender preparation with management, this report could prove handy to demonstrate – who and when we spoke with a subcontractor. What was said. You may have 5 notes saying he is pricing – in such a scenario, I would believe he is pricing it for us. Just to show the last note where someone declines does not demonstrate how hard we try to obtain a subcontractor quote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. It’s great to hear the context of how you would like to use information.

14. Allow Builders to issue an individual addendum to a Subcontractor who has not downloaded documents for a tender

This will ensure Subcontractors don't miss any documents that are added as part of an Addendum if they do not download documents from us for a particular tender.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. It’s great to receive ideas like this from our customers. We appreciate you submitting your thoughts.

15. Present a more detailed "company profile" for Subcontractors who request packages

It would be good if we could get a more detailed capability statement from the Subbies who request to access tender documents from us. This would better inform our decision to approve/decline the request

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. Ideas about how we can help improve your workflows are always welcome and we appreciate you taking the time to post this feedback here.

16. Allow "Call Back Reminders" to be attached to an invitation to tender

This would ideally allow us to record when a Subcontractor asks us to call them back when following up on a tender. This should also notify me when the time comes to call them back so that I do not have to record a note in EstimateOne and then create a reminder elsewhere to notify me when I need to call the Subbie back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to add/change document revision numbers from the document list

It would be good to be able to edit the revisions of drawings from with the document list. As far as I understand it at this stage if the revision number/letter is not picked up from the document file name when they are uploaded each document has to be opened and edited individually. On some projects this can take a long time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We also have a bulk edit capability that I believe solves this problem. From the documents page, select the check box next to the docs you wish to edit. Down the bottom of the page you will see an option for “edit details” which will bring up the bulk edit window.

18. Add a subject column to the correspondence list

It would be good to be able to see the subject of the correspondence in the correspondence list instead of just the correspondence type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a "Scope of Works" to be entered for each package I create

This will allow us to convey the work required for each package we create. It will ensure this is consistent for all recipients of a single package and will allow us to update these on a package by package basis.

Scopes would not need to be downloaded only "Read and Agreed to" by Subbies. Allowing us to update a scope and issue notifications of this change separate to an Addendum or Revision will also make it easier to keep Subbies up to date with what we expect them to quote on for a project.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Innovative ideas from our Users about how we could make your lives easier are always welcome.

20. Include the "date sent" on the Invitations and Responses page

It would be really good to be able to show the "Date Sent" for invitations that appear on the Invites and Responses page. The first questions Subbies as when you are calling to see if they are quoting a job (that they often won't have downloaded) is "When did you send us the package?". So surfacing this information would be handy as currently you have to go digging through the audit trail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories