Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Ability to add addendum notes to subbies invited after addendums published

When inviting new subcontractors after addendums have been published, enable the invitation to include notes sent on addendum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this would be very useful for both yourself and the Subcontractors, and that these Addendum notes are not currently available in the invitation.

2. Update the copy in the RFQ correspondence to make it clearer that the project has been awarded

Currently the copy in this email reads:

[BUILDER] is inviting [SUBBIE] to quote on the [PACKAGE NAME] package for [PROJECT NAME].

We would like this updated to:

[BUILDER] has been awarded the above project and invites [SUBBIE] to quote on the [PACKAGE NAME] package for [PROJECT NAME].

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have recently updated the subject in the RFQ correspondence to include Awarded project. We will consider this additional change. Thank you.

3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback.

We can understand why being able to see when a subcontractor was added is important information to have. We will definitely consider your suggestion as we look to improve subcontractor management on EstimateOne.

4. Display number of invites for each package on packages page

It would be useful to have a column on the Packages page, which shows the number of invites issued against each package. This would be helpful when going back through packages to identify any gaps in coverage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We are investigating ways we can improve documentation management and this is seems a logical improvement.

5. Add the the option to select project values in between $100M - $1B at $100M intervals (ie $200m-$300m, $300m-$400m etc.)

We have recently tendered a project with a value near to $800M, conversely we are currently pricing a Hotel forecasted under $100M.

Whilst the difference between say $200M and $400M is negligible to most subcontractors, the difference between a $200M and $800M job is significant.

In our experience a lot of subcontractors are unable to price large projects due to the scale and financial impacts. The issue we have found is that in EstimateOne there is no way to quickly distinguish a ‘Big’ job from a ‘Huge’ job.

Adding these intervals essentially serves the same purpose as providing the intervals…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the significance of categorising your tender within a accurate budget range. We will look at adjusting our budget brackets to cater for tendered projects.

6. Pevent Subcontractors from being able to access documents after their RFQ has been marked as "Lost"

Subcontractors who are marked as "Lost" still have access to the package they were sent. Whilst you can prevent this from happening by "Revoking" the invitation, this could be simplified in a single step. Also the Subcontractor has already been marked as "Lost" and will no longer appear in the table once their invitation is revoked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This is a great suggestion, we will look into how RFQs are managed once a contract has been awarded.

7. scrolling

I am sick of scrolling
    PLEASE add a 'back to top' button
    or
    freeze pane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to submit the suggestion – we appreciate all the ideas, big and small. We’ll look into how we could improve your in app experience to avoid scrolling.

8. Prompt to add packages for newly selected trades when editing the matrix after trades have been added.

After the document matrix is done, I have to refresh in the matrix after editing the trades. It will be great if the matrix can refresh automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Builders to view the tender panel on closed projects

Currently on the "All Tenders" page we can view open and awarded tenders. It would be good if we could also see which Builders were tendering on closed projects in particular the ones we have tendered for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. This would require more investigating from the market in order to make sure we can implement a solution that caters for everyone’s needs.

10. Display a date stamp when viewing notes on the Invitations & Responses page.

It would be super useful to show a date & time on the Invites & Responses page when "display most recent note" is selected. This would allow us to easily see WHEN the last note was written.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to update the tender responses for multiple Subcontractors at once

I want to update multiple Subbies to "Quoting" in a single step to save me time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. support the managing Expressions of Interest from Subcontractors prior to issuing tender invitations

Currently if you want to collect EOI's for a tender prior to issuing invitations to Subcontractors you need to create an EOI package and invite all Subcontractors to that package and then if they complete the EOI invite them to a second package. This process isn't ideal and leads to inaccurate response rates. The language in the correspondence the Subbies receive is also unclear as it refers to "Invitation to Quote on the Expression of Interest package".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Collapse / Expand all under documents

When uploading / reviewing documents could you add a 'Collapse all' and 'Expand all' button? currently when viewing documents you have to manually collapse / expand each sub-folder. On projects where there are many documents in many folders this becomes quite cumbersome - particularly when uploading new revisions issued in an addenda.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a status for "re-tender"

I’d like to see a “superseded” or “out for retender” button for status of
    project.

In this D&C environment we frequently tender the same project 2 or 3 times.

As a consequence, our stats under report success relative to projects tendered.

We may be asked to prepare an Order of Cost tender and then will be asked to submit a new tender based on new documents for a 75% designed D&C tender. If we were then to win this project we would have to make 2 projects as awarded or mark 1 as withdrawn and another as awarded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We can understand the need for our builders to have this ability, but we still need to undertake some further investigation to make sure we cater for everyone. We will definitely consider this as we make additional improvements to the product.

15. Allow Builders to view all trades at the same time when building a list in the list management section of the Address Book.

I would like to be able to view all companies in the Adelaide / SA list for example all at the same time (rather than by trade only).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We agree that more can be done when it comes to help making lists, and we will definitely take this suggestion on board as we improve Address Book management.

16. Allow me to post a project with multiple addresses

When tendering a project that has multiple separable portions it would be good if I could add multiple addresses to a single project, rather than having to post multiple projects with predominantly the same documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. We can see why this would be useful for not just yourselves but also the subcontractors trying to price.

17. Allow me to see a Subbies distance from a project on the "Invites and Responses" page after I have invited them to the tender.

This will allow me to see how far a Subbie is from a project after I have invited them. Currently you can only see this information on the Invite Multiple step prior to actually inviting anyone to the project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it clearer in my Address Book when I am viewing a company that has unapproved contacts awaiting approval

It would be good in my address book if I could see on a companies entry that there are "unapproved requests" from users at that company who would also like to join my Address Book.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Freeze table headings at the top of the page when scrolling down the Invites and Responses table

It would be good if we could freeze the table heading at the top of the page when scrolling down the Invites and Responses table.

The items we would like fixed at the top of the table in order of most to least important are:
    - The project name
    - The quick actions menu
    - The search and filter items
    - The table header row (Company, Contact Name, Phone etc))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow longer trade names to be displayed on the Trades Required page

A large number of our trade names are so long that we can't see the full name when selecting trades for a tender.

This makes it hard to be sure which trades we have selected and if they are the correct trade.

It would be good if we could see the full trade name, either by having the whole name showing, or by showing the trade name when you hover your mouse on the truncated trade name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories