Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

Allow builders to send follow up reminders via SMS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that we are considering.

At this time we need to conduct more research with Subcontractors and whether they consider this idea to be of value. We already send a lot of correspondence to Subcontractors through email and need to understand whether they would be willing to receive SMS notifications in the future.

2. Allow me to set sub trades

It would be good if I could set up sub-trades in my Address Book. That way when setting up a project I could better specify the works required. i.e for Piling it would be great if I could specify if the works required were Sheet Piling, Bored Piers, sheet piling or a combination of the 3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this further as we explore how we can improve address book management.

For the time being, we recommend you create these sub-trades in your address book, such as “Piling – Sheets” etc, and assign subcontractors accordingly. This way, the particular sub-trades will be visible in the Trades step.

3. Add a Response Filter for the Invitations and Responses page that shows anyone who could potentially submit a quotation for a project

On the Invites & Responses page it would be great if we could filter all subcontractors on the list to show those who are either yet to download documents, quoting or have documents. This would display only contacts that are still interested in receiving project correspondence and hide any subcontractor who are NOT QUOTING from appearing on this list.

This would give a good indication of the trade coverage you have on a tender as it allows you to view how many Subbies are quoting or at least still considering whether they will quote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you for your feedback John. We can definitely see value in using multiple filters to show or hide particular responses. We are looking into ways of improving how the responses can be better managed.

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, definitely something for us to consider. As we continue to improve the documentation management, we will keep this in mind.

5. Action column on invites and responses page

The notes field is great, but if you have to action something, i.e. call back on a specific date or time, send a Bill of Quantities when available, arrange meeting etc we curently have to add these items to our outlook calendar, as you don't go through all the notes every day to look for things to do.

If there was an action column displayed to the right hand side of the status column we could see at a glance any actionable items.

I think it would require an editable field as actions will vary greatly but a completed option…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve tried to keep the invites and responses page as simple as possible for you to keep of track of what is happening in the project at a glance. We agree that it would be great to be able to manage your workflow for the project in greater depth in the EstimateOne account, and we’ll be looking into how we can improve the invites and reponse page in the future.

6. Present a more detailed "company profile" for Subcontractors who request packages

It would be good if we could get a more detailed capability statement from the Subbies who request to access tender documents from us. This would better inform our decision to approve/decline the request

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. Ideas about how we can help improve your workflows are always welcome and we appreciate you taking the time to post this feedback here.

7. Allow "Call Back Reminders" to be attached to an invitation to tender

This would ideally allow us to record when a Subcontractor asks us to call them back when following up on a tender. This should also notify me when the time comes to call them back so that I do not have to record a note in EstimateOne and then create a reminder elsewhere to notify me when I need to call the Subbie back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to create a company list of regularly quoting Subcontractors

We would like to be able to create lists based on companies who have quoted for us (on all tenders) over the last 3/6/12/18 months

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently working on surfacing insights on your subcontractors to help you invite the right subcontractors. This is great feedback and on how you would like to use these inights for us to consider as we make further improvements.

9. Allow me to add a Contact Phone Number when using the "Invite Single" feature to enter a contact to my Address Book.

The phone number is displayed on the Invites and Responses page however I can't add a phone number when inviting a new contact that I add via the Invite Single feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display how many 'Notes' a company has in their Address Book entry the same as 'Files' and 'Tender Invitations'

The previous version of EstimateOne had the number of notes bracketed, example, (2). This feature no longer exists.

Will you be putting this back on? I need quick access to notes to find out if they need hard copies.

Currently there are too many steps (and wasted time) getting this information. So annoying. Can't you think of an easier/quicker way to find out who needs hard copies?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There is an option to “Display most Recent Note” from this page which will help with this.

11. Make it clearer in the Transmittal email that documents have already been sent and can be accessed from a separate email.

I am getting a number of calls from my Subcontractors who are attempting to download documents from the email they have received that contains their Document Transmittal.

It would be good if this email explicitly stated that no documents are available for download, or if this email contained a link that Subbies could access to download documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Grant, happy to look into this for you, appreciate it must be time consuming explaining this to individual subcontractors.

12. Add an "Approve and Merge" feature for unapproved companies that already exist in my Address Book

In the unapproved tab, I can see some contacts from companies that I know already exist in our database, however due to the "company name" being spelled slightly differently (using and instead of &, PTY LTD, co. instead of company, etc.) if I approve the contact (or their request) a whole new company will be created.

Please add a way that I can approve a contact and at the same time combine an unapproved contact with the the details of an existing company already in my address book.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that duplicates in your Address Book can be frustrating when selecting subcontractors to invite to tender. We are currently looking at improving the Address Book management to streamline the subcontractor selection process.

13. Add a date to the "Quoted" status that shows on the Invites and Responses page

So that we can easily tell if a Subcontractor has submitted a quotation before they download the latest version of their document package.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the suggestion! We understand that this is useful information to surface in your account. At the moment as a work around, I would suggest you jump in the Audit Trail with the subcontractor, this will show the time you marked them as quoted.

14. Add a way to build a list of new Subcontractors

It would be good if we could create a list of Subcontractors that we have only recently added to our Address Book. This will assist us to build relationships with Subcontractors we may have never worked with before.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thanks for this feedback, we’re looking at a range of new features for the address book, keep an eye out for some improvements like this that will help you manage your contacts.

15. Add to Address Book when in Quotes tab

When in 'Quotes' tab, allow the ability to click on new Subcontractor name and 'Add to Address Book'.
    This function is enabled when in the 'Invites & Responses' tab.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Concrete repair coating works

Supply services of of machines to apply coatings or service these machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change from Fitout to Builder 1m I.5

Change to Builder 1m to 1.5

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. INVITES & RESPONSES PAGE

INVITES & RESPONSES PAGE
    NOTES - auto date (4 digit eg 20/07) and maybe even an auto initial (2 digit eg JR) as this info does not appear on the printed version
    thanks Jan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jan,
    Thanks for this feedback, we’ll take it on board, we can see how this information would be handy when you print this page.

19. Include the Builder's phone number in the Invitation to Tender email.

Currently the Subbie can only view the Builder's phone number on the "Help and Support" page of the download page and on the "Correspondence' exports.

If the phone number is shown on the correspondence when exported to PDF I think it should also appear on the correspondence itself.

If we are issuing invitations to Subbies that we do not have a close working relationship with it would be really helpful for them if they were given access to our phone number as well as our name and email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this is something that requires more investigation as to whether all of our clients are happy to include this in their emails.

20. Notify uploader via email when errors uploading documents

When uploading documents, it would be helpful to be notified via email if the upload has errors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, we appreciate it’s important to know if something went wrong in your document upload. We’re happy to take it onboard as a consideration for future improvements.

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base