Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Allow a document to be attached to correspondence

At the moment correspondence only allows for text to be input. The only way I can send a letter is to send it as an addendum which they will have to download, then open.

As some subbies quoted without downloading our documents or didn't download an update, the download will be polluted with other documentation. That's assuming they will even download it as it will come through as "document changes" . I want it to go as "Correspondence" with an attachment they can open from their email.

Being able to send correspondence to all subbies is great, but it could…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

when i change a due date in the project detail screen , it should send an email to all saying the date has changed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We really try and limit the number of automated responses we issue your subcontractors so as they do not get overladed. However, there could be a way of us helping you manage this better.

3. Sort documents in the documents table based on the total value of the drawing number

Currently when I upload documents for a project and sort by name the following order appears:

S19 - TYPICAL CONNECTION DETAILS - SHEET 1 (-).pdf
    S2 - GENERAL NOTES SHEET 2 (-).pdf
    S20 - TYPICAL CONNECTION DETAILS - SHEET 2 (-).pdf

It would be good if S2 was place between S1 and S3.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. There are two ways of managing this.
    You can click on “Filename” above the documents and sort this which will order documents in alphanumerical order. Alternatively you can prefix numbers under 10 with a 0.

4. Not delivering to previously bounced address

When a tender request email is bounced back due to a temporary error, the system stops sending emails permanently and displays this error message instead.
    The no delivery error could accumulate to hundreds until the team has some spare time to sort it out. It's also annoying to call people to ask about the email errors if this email is still working well.
    Could we change the email delivery system to sending emails regardless? Therefore an error message will be a genuine error rather than "not delivering to previously bounced address due to a TEMPORARY error".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create an App

Ensure App is free & included as apart of joining estimate one

Keep it simple:
    Allow for Notification system -
    subcontractors notified when new tender requests, correspondence & notification of changes.
    Allow for simple response for tender requests - Quoting or Decline.
    When opening correspondence mark as read for head contractor to see as apart of audit trail.
    Provide Reminders - 24 hours prior to quote is due if selected quoting
    Don't go to extent of being able to download or view docs in app -makes app complicating and could cause app to be unstable due to size of documents…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 'Maybe Quoting'

Add a category to the Invites & Responses page called 'Maybe Quoting'. This will greatly assist senior management to call prospective sub-contractors and convince them to quote the project.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael,
    We appreciate a tentative quoting option / “maybe” quoting would definitely be valuable in the procurement process. We are planning on reviewing the response statuses available, so we will take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you!

7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. change contact after docs have been issued

Allow us to change the contact for the tender without having to send another invitation so the right person gets updates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Builders to issue an individual addendum to a Subcontractor who has not downloaded documents for a tender

This will ensure Subcontractors don't miss any documents that are added as part of an Addendum if they do not download documents from us for a particular tender.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers for the suggestion. It’s great to receive ideas like this from our customers. We appreciate you submitting your thoughts.

10. Enable Builders to create lists based on Subcontractors who QUOTED on a previous tender

It would be good if rather than creating a list based on all invitation sent on a previous tender, we could create a list based on Subbies who "Quoted" on that tender. This would allow us to continually invite contacts who support us during tenders rather than everyone we invited.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

We’re currently working on surfacing subbie insights like this to gelp you at the invitation step. Thanks for the feedback!

11. Add a way for Builders to send invitations to "new" Subbies

When undertaking a send out it would be good if I could tell which Subbies were added to my Address Book in the last 30 days. That way I can target the Subbies I know have recently expressed interest in tendering our work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Zaiga Finnis responded

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on ways to improve how we display information in your account. We will take this on board as we move through the process.

12. Include a field for us to enter the Estimator's direct phone (or mobile) number in the Project Details.

It would be handy to include a field for our estimators direct phone (or mobile).

By default the phone number listed would be the company phone number. We have an estimator who works from home, so it would be good if we could list their mobile instead of the office number for projects they are looking after.

In doing so, we would like the Estimator's direct phone number to be included in all correspondence emails our Subbies receive.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We are currently investigating how we can better direct communications to both the estimating and construction teams that work on a project. We think this would be a huge time saver for Builders along with making Subbies jobs much easier. Once we have a better idea of how we would deliver this functionality we will be in touch to discuss it with you. Cheers, Gilad.

13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display mobile phone number over the office phone number

In the "INVITES & RESPONSES" tab of a project, the "PHONE" column will always prioritise the office number/company number of each contact over their direct phone number.

E.g. if I add a phone number to the company (02 XXXX XXXX) and then add a contact to that company with a mobile number (04XX *** ***), then the company number will be displayed in the "PHONE" column of the project when an invite is sent to that person rather than their mobile number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    We can see this is an important feature to you! We currently surface the company office number to maintain confidentiality of private information. We do understand that every company has unique requirements, so we may consider adding an option to include a mobile number, that way you can chose what’s right for you and your business.
    For the time being, we recommend utilising the project description section to share alternate contact number/s. Happy tendering!

15. Allow me to export a Subcontractors Transmittal in Excel format

This would be great as it would be in a format that is consistent with the "Document Register" I export from the documents page. This would also mean I do not have to show the Subbies 2 very different transmittals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the benefit in this and will consider implementing the ability to export Document Register on a subcontractor level.

16. Add a way to search the Address Book to show Subbies in or near to a specific location

I just wanted to know if is possible to go to the "Address Book" tab and have an option for putting a job address in in the search section to locate local subcontractors close to that area from our subcontractors list.

As this option is not available it would be great to have this as it will help me find all my local sub-contractors for each job sites that I want.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and somehting for us to consider as we continue to make improvements to the Address Book in the coming months

17. Allow Builders to add and edit their own disciplines

We would like update our own disciplines to reflect the way we break up pricing for our clients.

Our disciplines will change over time so we will want to update the discipline headings going forward.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "I'm no longer quoting" links in Broadcast Messages and Addenda Notifications emails

Links should be added to Broadcast Message and Addenda / Revision notification emails that allow the subcontractor to indicate they are not going to be pricing the tender, just like in the initial "Invitation to Tender" email.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for putting your support behind this idea. We can see how allowing subcontractors to update their quoting status more often will boost your response rates.

19. Show more info on the main Address Book page

Currently the main list on the Address Book when you search shows Company Name, Contact, Email and Phone numbers. Can you add a column or two that will show 1) if there are notes on that subbie and 2) if there's a file attached.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. EstimateOne Standard trades

Please give us ability to add in additional mapping trades. Engineering services, soil testing, asbestos testing, are typically "consultants" during preliminary stages of projects.
    I would like to avoid any mix up of our structural and civil engineers with steel fabricators and drainage companies alike, per se.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor