Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. The idea of being able to extract information from documents is something we are looking into. We will consider this as we make additional changes to the documentation step.

2. Indicate to a specific date when a subcontractor declines to quote.

A similar system to the document download indicator would allow us to monitor responses more effectively.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We understand that this information would help you monitor your responses more effectively. For the time being you can see this information in the Audit Trails.

3. Do not add contacts to my Address Book when I approve their request to access documents from the Public Tender Portal.

A contact should still be listed in the "unapproved contacts" in my Address Book if I approve their document request (made from the Public Tender Portal). If they do not price the project they requested we would never want to issue them another invitation anyway, so there is no point in having them added to the address book.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it easier to select multiple documents on the documents page.

If I want to move 100 documents from one folder to another, I need to tick 100 different boxes. It would be great if it was easier to select multiple boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, we understand that this can be time consuming.

You can select entire folders to move multiple documents at once, and you could add additional sub folders in your tender set on your desktop before adding it to EstimateOne.

We will look into improving the document management on EstimateOne to make your life easier!

5. Allow more than 1 contact for the estimator detail settings

So that the tender invitation will come from the senior estimator and all replies cc in the junior estimator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We will keep this in mind as we look to make further improvements to our invitations process.

For the moment, I would recommend a generic email such as “estimating@” that multiple people have access too.

6. Add a way that we can print out a Subbies correspondence history in relation to a tender

This will allow us to show a Subbie that they were sent correspondence in the event of a documentation dispute.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, we’ll look into how we can make it easy for you to export this information, as we understand it can be valuable in contract and document disputes. Thanks again.

7. Include a list of Addendum that affected a Subbies package in their Audit Trail

Currently it is impossible to use an Audit Trail to prove that a Subcontractor's package has been affected by an Addendum unless the Subcontractor is regularly downloading documents.

If a Subcontractor is not notified of an Addendum but a change is made to their package this should still appear on their audit trail. That is if the audit trail is to be considered a record of changes made to the package.

Often we need to prove to Subcontractors that we have included addendum in their packages even if they chose to only download documents from one of our competitors. Currently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. The Audit Trail is designed to be a history of what has happened, if you don’t issue a notifcaton it doesn’t make sense to include this.
    We would recommend issuing addenda notification manually to your subcontractors if this is important.

8. Include the "Company Name" on the printouts of a contacts Audit Trail

When I print out an Audit Trail it would be great if I could see not only the persons name but also the company they are from.

This could probably replace the "Head Contractors" name as it appears on the printout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better align the filters and columns on the Invites and Responses table

It would be great if the "Response Status" filter was on top of the "Response Status" column when I review invites and responses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We understand why being able to filter by response is a valuable features for builders. At the moment you can filter by response status via the drop down arrow and select what you want to filter by. We are looking into ways of improving response management and your feedback will be considered as we move through that process.

10. Prevent Users with the access level "standard" from being able to edit their email address

This will prevent them from being able to send themselves an access link to their personal email address in the event they leave the company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. At EstimateOne we place the utmost importance on keeping your private information safe. We believe this is a good idea, and we will definitely consider it as we look to make further improvements to account security.

11. Include the total number of approved requests in the number of "Invites Sent" or "Requests" on the Active & Recent Projects table.

So that I can see how many invites were sent and how many requests I have approved without having to the view the invites and responses page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this information is important to you. We will look at ways of surfacing this in the app as we make additional improvements.

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to add columns to display Custom Fields when creating Company Lists.

Allow me to add columns to display Custom Field data when creating Company Lists.

This will allows us to add companies to a list based on the information we store about them in the custom fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We can understand why you would like to surface this information when setting up Company Lists.
    We acknowledge the importance of leverging this information. We will review this as we look to make further improvements in your address book.

14. Allow builders to reuse Project descriptions

It would be good if we could reuse our past project descriptions when creating a new project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the value of reusing project description details. As we endevour to make improvements the application, we will look at ways of prepopulating this field for future projects to help save you time.

15. Add the ability to see what documents have been assigned to a package from the Invites & Responses page.

When on the Invites & responses page, I would like to be able to filter on a package (which I can now do) and see the documents that have been assigned to that package. This is so when I am speaking to the subcontractors I have an easy reference to what what they should have. This will save us from having to navigate away from the page to look at the Document Matrix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show the notes left on Invites and Responses page

Make notes visible when my curser hovers over the notes icon on the Invites and Responses page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There is an option to “Display most Recent Note” from this page which will help with this.

17. Single Invites

When sending an invite to a single subcontractor it would be useful to have a dialogue box whereby you could send a message like "refer to specification clauses etc."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the suggestion! We can understand why this would be an important feature. We’ll be looking at ways to incorporate customisation into the invitations subcontractors recieve.

18. Add additional button options to the email invitation

Currently there are three options 1) Access Documentation 2) I already have documentation 3) I don't wish to quote this tender.

Replace # 1 with 'Review Documents prior to Accepting Invitation', and delete # 2 because the invitee may not have received all relevant documentation by another builder, and add 'I wish to quote this tender.'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Builders to indicate which arm of our company is tendering a project

Can you please add a way for us to indicate which part of our company is tendering a project on the project details page. This is to represent which arm of the company the subcontractor should deal with (ie. Construction, Maintenance or Bespoke).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently you can do this by writing which arm of the company is tendering by writing this in the Project Description when addidng a new project. We will look into how we can make this clearer for special cases like yourself that have seperate arms in the future, and keep your feedback in mind.

20. Export a subby specific drawing register

Builders will often provide subbies with a personalised drawing register that is effectively a drawing register contextual to the documents an individual subby was transmitted. This currently requires manual collation of information and input into an excel file that is usually turned into a pdf... times that effort by the number of subbies you have on a project and you have a time-consuming process with plenty of opportunity for human error.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! A drawing register on a subbie specific level is a very valid suggestion. This piece of work is considerable, and would require us to research how many of our clients would also be after this. Thank you again for the suggestion!

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base