Skip to content

I'm a Head Contractor

Welcome to the Head Contractor Feedback Forum. We encourage all Builders to post suggestions and ideas for improving EstimateOne. Posting new ideas and voting on existing ideas will help us understand what improvements our Users want to see made to the EstimateOne platform.

161 results found

1. Include Company response rates on Address Book excel export

Would be really handy if we could export our Response and Quotation rates for each Subcontractor in our Address Book. That way we can pass this list on to our Operations team so they can reward Subbies who price at tender with contracts to build.

A list of past tenders is available in the address book, but it would be good if this information was visible as a simple statistic that we can export with the Address Book.

The information that would be good to see would be the
    - Quotation response rate for each Subbie
    - Percentage of tenders…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback. We understand this sort of information would be valuable in your subcontractor selection. We are currently reviewing ways to better surface information captured in your account. Cheers.

2. Add a search function to "Recently Awarded Work" section.

This would allow us to search for projects that we had tendered for months ago, instead of clicking through multiple pages of Awarded Work

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When viewing All Projects I only want to see projects in my state.

Projects in another state do not interest me. When viewing projects 600km from our office we can see some projects in Victoria which we do not need to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow me to add contacts to 'Contact Lists' when viewing their companies' Address Book entry

It would be good if I could add a contact to a Contact List while I am viewing that contacts Address Book entry.

You can already add a company to a company list when viewing their company information so it would be good if we could do the same for a contact.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. Thanks for getting in touch with this one. We’re going to be looking into how we can improve the Address Book soon, to make sure it is as easy as possible for you to navigate and organise.

5. Add the ability to search by contact name when using the 'Invite Single' feature.

With recent upgrades when doing a single invite to tender we can only search and see the company name. It would be good to see the contact names show up while searching the companies.

EG if I was to search G James I would have up to 10 different G James company profiles for different regions but when doing a single invite I can not see the contact name to know which of the 10 G James profile to select for the tender. Sometimes it is easier to search for the contact name rather than the company in this case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Handover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll be looking in to how we can improve the invitation and responses step in the future, and will take your suggestion on board. As we want it to be as easy as possible for you to find companies and contacts as quick as possible in the invitation step.

6. enable Builders to add contacts to their address book from the Invite Multiple to Tender page

It would be good if I could add a contact to my address book while issuing multiple invitations, that way I can issue an invitation to a newly added contact without having to do this in a separate steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, we haven’t worked out a way of doing this without losing your selections to invite. The best way of doing this for now would be to add and invite them after issuing your bulk send out.

7. Show notes within the Invite Multiple feature

When sending invitations using the invite multiple funciton it would be good if notes were visible when the curser hovers over a company name.

If a contractor/supplier is busy and not taking on anymore work until the following year, then it would be easier to see this information quickly…. Before sending an invitation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There is an option to “Display most Recent Note” from this page which will help with this.

8. Handy Andy's concreting

Handy Andy's concreting servicing Cootamundra and surrounding areas abn 2049378818.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Subcontractor Audit Report - E1 Responses Export

Subcontractor Audit Report (subbies list) - OPEN TENDERS
    When exporting the Subbies list, currently those whom were sent a tender request AND those on the PENDING REQUESTED LIST appear on this report.
    The PENDING REQUEST LIST have not been APPROVED and should not appear on this report ....... and they are not wanted on this report.
    This report is for those whom were sent a tender request by us (the builder)
    ALSO consequently some subbies who are issued a tender request are NOT appearing on this subbies report.
    They have been issued a package not supported by our trades list.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display the head estimator's mobile number in the tender invitation letter

On every "Invitation to Tender" email sent out to subcontractors, the name of the builder's company, name of the head estimator & head estimator's email details are displayed.

The mobile number of the head estimator should also be displayed here to encourage subcontractors to call the estimating team directly should they encounter any problems during the tender stage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jess,
    We currently surface the company office number to maintain confidentiality of private information. We do understand that every company has unique requirements, so we may consider adding an option to include a mobile number to tender invitation.
    For the time being, we recommend utilising the project description section to share alternate contact number/s. Happy tendering!

11. Display a contacts position to all subcontractor list screens - lists, add single, add multiple, monitor responses

It would be nice to have the option to turn on a column for the contacts position everywhere subcontractor names are listed.
    * Lists
    * Invite Single
    * Invite Multiple (which I believe is now available)
    * Monitor Responses

Pretty much anywhere a contact name is listed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christine,
    Thanks for your suggestion, we are currently looking into surfacing more subcontractor information throughout the EstimateOne application. We will consider your suggestion in our development of the app, thanks for getting in touch.

12. Response & Quote Rate calculation

When inviting multiple contacts at a company to a package and only one person responds or says they're quoting, should we mark off all contacts in that company with the same response? Doing this impacts the response and quote rates, so perhaps the quote and/or response rate calculation should be based on the company/package level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tender  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate this would be impacting your response rates. We will keep this in mind for a method of improving invitation management. Until then, we would recommend you continue to mark off the individual contact as quoting and revoking the invitations of the contacts who are not quoting.

13. Show projects from all of our accounts on our Public Tender Page

We have three separate accounts across three states (QLD,VIC,NSW).

We would rather direct Subbies to a single page and have them see all of the work they can price.

In the case of NSW we have projects that are being tendered out of Sydney and Brisbane depending on where in NSW the project is. It would be good if Subbies could just see all tenders in NSW in the same place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. This issue is something that only comes up with a small number of Builders who have multiple office location and Public Tender Pages, so we are looking into how feasible this is for us to do.

We appreciate that this would be of great value to you and the Subcontractors and hopefully is something we can support for our Head Contractors with multiple Public Tender Pages in the future.

14. Send a single Weekly Report and Weekly Tender Reminder email for all of my accounts rather than an email for each

If I am listed as a User on multiple accounts and I request my access link I am sent one email for all of my accounts.

However, when I am listed as a User on multiple accounts, I am sent a separate tender reminder email and weekly report for each account that I have access to.

All emails sent by EstimateOne should be sent once and refer to all the accounts I may have access to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, this makes sense, we’ll look into how we can improve the emails and reports we send out.

15. Don't include "RE:" in the subject of correspondence

RFI's issued for construction projects all include "RE: PROJECTNAME" in the email subject line. Even if the correspondence is the very first thing sent about the project.

RE: in email subject is used to notate a reply. I think EstimateOne should avoid including this in the email subject and instead include the type of correspondence i.e "RFI" or "EOT"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion here, understand the convention of using ‘re:’ in email subject lines, we’ll look into how this could be improved.

16. Tell me when I am looking at a project I already have received an invitation for

Projects I am invited to can sometimes appear differently to the same project when it appears on the noticeboard.

When I am looking at projects on the noticeboard, make it clear to me if I have already been invited to this project.

That way I do not request documents for projects I am already invited to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion! It makes a lot of sense to be able to see if you have any invitations when looking at a project. We have been discussing this internally, so it certainly helps to hear customers asking for it. Thanks for taking the time to post this, we’ll be in touch with an update when this progresses.

17. Alert a Subcontractor if they have opened an invitation for a withdrawn project

When I withdraw from a project I issue correspondence to all Subbies letting them know we have withdrawn from a project.

Whilst this should be enough, there are still some cases were Subbies do not get this email.

In this case they might have the original invite email and have access to the documents page.

If I have withdrawn from the project it should be clear to the Subbies that this is the case. We don't want to waste Subbie's time looking at projects we aren't pricing. We also don't want to receive calls or queries from Subbies about documents…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, this is a good suggestion. This requires a bit of thought from our end on the best way of managing this.

Until then, we advise you continue issuing correspondence to your subcontractors to advise them when withdrawing.

18. Allow Builders to store both a Mobile and Direct Line for contacts in my Address Book

It would be handy if we could store both of these details about a contact so that I can always make contact with them.

Currently we are only able to store a mobile or a direct line in addition to the company phone number. I am asking for the ability to store a direct line and a mobile number for a contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Neil,
    Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll take this into consideration as we look at ways to improve the Address Book.
    A good way to work around this at the moment is to add the same contact again with an alternative number.

19. Allow me to "save" the list of files that failed to upload so that I can retry uploading these files.

It would be good if I could save a copy of these errors in order to find the files, check they are valid (not corrupt files) and then retry uploading these files.

Currently the moment you upload another file, the error messages are cleared which makes it hard to figure out what files I am yet to upload.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We appreciate your suggestion. We are absolutely committed to improving documentation management, and we will keep your suggestion on hand while we work through future improvements.

20. Suggest the completed addresses for companies in my Address Book as I type them.

This functionality currently exists when entering the address of a project on EstimateOne. It would be good if I could also have an Address suggested to me as I am creating and updating the Addresses on file for Subcontractors in my Address Book.

The same as when I add a new project, if there is no suitable suggested address we could then fall back to adding the address manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Chad. We are looking into whether this is possible in all areas of the app. We know that this would be of great help to speed up and streamline the app, but may take some time due to some technical implications of using the auto-suggest feature across the board. We are committed to improving this throughout the app, but currently aren’t able to have the auto suggest feature, hopefully we can soon!

• Don't see your idea?

I'm a Head Contractor

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base